00:02

"Good morning

"Good morning." Hana blantly greeted her family who was having breakfast, only getting cold stares in return. It hasn't been the same since the day they forgot to wake her up.

"Cool. Thanks mom." She said while packing her own lunch from the food that her mother prepared for her father. It was a significantly small portion, considering that her mother only cooked for one person, her father.

Ever since that day, Hana's family has never acknowledged her again. They became mute when she would come up, sometimes not even acknowledging her presence when she comes home or when she helps around the house. They only give her a cold blank stare, sometimes not even looking at her at all.

She exited her house while packing her lunchbox into her bag. She walked past her apartment complex's park, with the same dogs barking at her. She avoided them now, since she got bitten by them a few days after that day.

She silently made her way to school, not conversing with anyone. She didn't feel the need to anymore, she didn't see the point in communicating anymore. Ever since that day, she has never fully maintained a relationship with someone.

Sometimes she would talk to people, and they would forget about her a few minutes after their conversation. Sometimes people forgot about her after a few hours, people barely remember her after a day and no one has ever remembered her after a couple.

She lived her final year of high school like that, silently working on graduating but not knowing on how she will continue in the future. Sure she had some hope during the first months after that day, but she has never come near anything that might answer her question.

"What the fuck is happening and why is it only happening to me?" She thought to herself everyday when she sees herself in the mirror, proving that she was still in fact visible to other people.

"Sorry for coming in late, again." She insincerely apologized while coming into her classroom. Her teacher let it slide, not remembering how she comes in late everyday, not remembering who she was even.

She took a seat beside Juyeon, behind Changmin. They didn't even glance at the girl, the girl who helped them solve almost every problem during their final presentation for graduation. The two boys would exchange conversations, but would barely let her join and would even coldly reply when she shared her thoughts.

Hana was used to this, the feeling of being invisible, unloved and not remembered. She felt isolated, cold and forgotten making her goalless and unmotivated. She continued her days questioning, "Why am I still here?".

She sat at alone at a table during lunch, with Eric, Chanhee and now Younghoon eating together at the other end of the row of tables. After that day, Younghoon became closer to her two best friends in the past. Her childhood friend took her spot in her old friend group, how fitting.

She went to the football field after finishing her lunch. The cafeteria was too crowded and noisy for her now, she couldn't hear her own thoughts when she was inside it.

"You couldn't even make me happy, even if you tried!" Naeun yelled at someone, echoing throughout the whole field. It was Sunwoo.

After that day, Sunwoo got into a relationship with the school's princess. Naeun was everyone's dream girl, coming from a rich family, being smart and well-educated, and even having flawless genes. No wonder Sunwoo liked her.

But this side from Naeun was unseen by the crowd, only Hana knows how these fights go down. Naeun and Sunwoo would often argue on the football field during their breaks, with Hana just sitting there unacknowledged by them.

Naeun was everyone's dream girl, but she was a nightmare to be with. She's never grateful in private, being hard to please due to the nature of her lifestyle.

Sunwoo on the other hand continued to be with her. He was happy to be with her, somehow. Naeun filled the unknown void in Sunwoo's heart. She was someone who answered Sunwoo's longing for someone he can't remember. She filled the void that was meant for Hana.

Times like this made Hana sick to her stomach. Earlier on, Hana even butted in during their fights. She would defend Sunwoo and make them come to their senses, but it never stuck to them. They forget about the whole encounter a few hours after they part from the football field.

TRIGGER WARNING

Hana passed by Han river, walking beside the railings, contemplating every time if she should just jump. She felt dispensable, thinking that nothing would change if she just jumped.

No one even remembered her name, how was she supposed to impact the world? Did she even have a reason to stay?

She stopped in her tracks, parking her bike against the railings, dropping her bag to the floor and pulling herself up to the other side of the ledge. She held herself against the railings, thinking about her past year, thinking about her life.

She let go of one hand, in tears. She remembered how warm her holidays with her family were, how much fun she had when grouped up with Juyeon and Changmin, how exciting her trips with Eric and Chanhee were, how lovely her childhood was with Younghoon and how extraordinary it was to be with Sunwoo.

She recalled the most beautiful memories she had with everyone in her life, and how they all stopped after that day. Hana was happy and healthy, but it all went downhill after that goddamned day.

Hana's tears continued to flow, dropping down to the river that was below her. She could easily raise up the river's water level at this point.

Hana wanted to live, she wanted to continue but she felt like there was no reason to. She lost hope for herself.

She bent her knees, breaking down, her one hand loosely hanging on the railing. She broke down, not minding her slipping hand. But then she felt his warm touch again.

She momentarily stopped yelling, falling silent as her tears streamed down her face. She looked behind her to see the only boy who was capable of holding her hands that way.

Sunwoo.

"Please stay with me." Sunwoo cooed at her, holding her hand tighter after seeing her acknowledge him. "I need you to stay with me."

His voice echoed through her ears even with the sounds of a hundred cars passing through them, his words are the only thing she hears right now.

"Park Hana." The girl said standing up, looking at the boy who worriedly looked at her. "Remember me."

She knew he didn't know her, she knew he saved her not because he remembered her. But because he was a good person who cared that much about others.

"Please remember me." She said as Sunwoo pulled her desperately to the other side, wrapping her in his arms. "Park Hana."

"I will."