00:05

park hana ♡i'll wait for you by the windows

park hana
i'll wait for you by the windows

Hana texted Sunwoo who was still out for soccer practice. She patiently waited for the boy to pass by the cafe's large windows, counting the passer by's like they were sheep.

She caught sight of the boy who had his familiar duffle bag, knocking on the window as he passed by. He greeted her with a delighted smile and her the same, motioning him to come through the front door.

"I ordered you a slice of their strawberry shortcake." She said as the boy sat across from her, passing him the plate with the lightly frosted cake.

"This cafe serves the be-" Sunwoo tried to say before Hana cut him off.

"The best strawberry shortcakes in town, I know." Hana continued the boy's sentence, knowing how proud he is of being one of the few to actually experience the delight this cake brought. "I've been here for a few times too."

"Actually we've been here for a few times. We were the cafe's first customers Sunwoo, if only you could've remembered."

"Some of the staff already know my go-to orders, and this is one of them." Sunwoo told Hana as he delightedly took another bite of the cake. "And you ordered it exactly as I would, you truly are something else."

Hana stayed silent, observing the boy who feasted on the single piece of cake. His tired worn out look from practice completely changed now that he's enjoying that single piece of strawberry cake.

She remembered how the staff would remember both of their orders in the past, and how they would greet them every time they came in together or even separately. But now, they only remember Sunwoo.

"Why aren't you eating?" Sunwoo asked the girl who hasn't touched her slice of cake yet, taking the girl out of her thoughts.

"I'm just thinking of where we should go today." She made up an excuse, finally taking a few bites off of her cake. "Because I have to volunteer later in the day s-"

"Then I'll come volunteer with you." Sunwoo said as he finished his cake.

"Good day! Is it your first time here?" The kind volunteer asked behind the counter. "I'm Jacob, the head volunteer for today." He introduced.

"Yeah, it's his first time here." Hana introduced Sunwoo, putting her hands over the boy's shoulder. "And I've been here a couple of times." She continued to explain, pointing out her name on the logbook.

"I've been volunteering almost every shift as you." Jacob notices the frequency of her name while reading the logbook. "How come I don't see you around often?"