05

The whole city looked new, like the colors of dirt has washed away. Even though Xiao Zhan pulled an all-nighter, the fresh air made him energetic. Xiao Zhan inhaled a lung full – his smile was dazzling one.

"I will ask An Bai if I can bring Yibo out."

This weather must be enjoyed.

Xiao Zhan strolled happily along the lush grass, diving in the wind and twirling in the grass. He wanted Yibo to feel it too. So he quickened his pace and reached the Rehabilitation Center.

"Good Morning, everyone!" Xiao Zhan greeted gleefully. But the moment they saw him, everyone avoided their gazes.

That's new.

"The weather is wonderful isn't it?" He tried again.

"Y-yeah. It is." Caihong being the brave one greeted. Xiao Zhan could feel the heavy air. Maybe they don't like rain as much as he did?

"An Bai." Xiao Zhan spotted the diligent nurse and called her out. The poor lady jumped in surprise.

"Y-yes Xiao Zhan?"

"Is it okay if I bring Yibo outside? I mean he stays in that room all day, he could use little fresh air, don't you think? Don't worry, I will watch him carefully." Xiao Zhan said with his usual smile.

Caihong and An Bai shared a glance. The sooner the better.

"Xiao Zhan...there's something you should know..."

. . .

The fresh air suddenly felt too dense for him to breathe. The same misty world looked as if it had been crying all night. He ran fast as he could, looking for a taxi, bus, even a cycle would do.

'Wang Yibo's in the hospital.'

He didn't care if the water beneath splashed around, he didn't even bother to jump through the puddles.

'We found him on the floor this morning. Out cold.'

His shoes were completely soaked and he almost crashed into a car. But he managed to hail a taxi.

'He had a heart ailment prior to the accident.'

He didn't even take his change back from the driver and dashed straight inside.

"Wang Yibo! Where's the patient name Wang Yibo!" Xiao Zhan demanded in single breath.

"Calm down sir, let me check please." The receptionist was patient enough to give direction to the disheveled man.

"13-A. 13-A." Xiao Zhan searched for the room, passing each door plate and once he finally spot it. He suddenly lost all the courage to enter.

It was his fault that Yibo was there in first place, did he have any right to look at him now?

H-He's going to be okay. Yibo is strong. He has to be okay.

He encouraged his trembling weak heart. His hand was shaking as he twisted the knob. The smell of methanol welcomed him.

His eyes widened and glistened with tears and he found the man he desired to see lying on that bed.

"Xiao Zhan?"

Before Wang Yibo could speak further, he was engulfed into a tight embrace. It was too fast, he didn't even see it coming. The elder was quivering, holding him close.