Chapter 18

About a moon past I guess, or just a few days. I've been losing count with all the stuff that has been happening. Bonestar and her kits, Nightstorm, Amberpaw, Ravenpaw, Frostpebble and Sorrelkit. It seems Ravenpaw has gotten over the depressing state when he would curl up into a ball, sleep for days without eating or drinking, not talk, cry, and just murmur things to himself. When he would do that it would scare me really, I don't want to lose my friend like that. Good now that he is all better. I get up from my nest, Ravenpaw has already woken up I guess. He wasn't in the den.

"Ravenpaw?" I ask, wobbling up to my legs. I yawn, its past dawn now; I guess he must have left to do something.

"Spiderpaw!" A muffled voice sounds.

"Hmm?" I mumble, turning to the entrance. It was Ravenpaw standing there with a rabbit hanging from his jaws. He padded into the den, the golden sunlight majesty poured into the den.

"I went to try and hunt something, look what I found!" He yowled, placing down the rabbit.

"Great work, where did you find this?" I purred, glancing down at the rabbit. There hasn't been much prey lately, it would be good to see where this was.

"I found it behind the elders' den, on the high ground right outside of the camp. It was wounded, easy prey!" Ravenpaw chuckled, sitting down to eat the rabbit.

"Cool," I mewed, joining him. This rabbit taste odd. Like mud and mousebile, something was off about it. Why is the elders' den so odd lately? The stream, the breeze, Rainpelt wanders off at times and now odd prey.

"Have you noticed anything odd about the elders' den? I have an odd feeling about that place..." I questioned, sitting up right to look at Ravenpaw. He shrugged, flicking his white tipped tail.

"I'm not sure, everything seems the same to me," he respond.

"Odd..."

"Why is something wrong?"

"I just have a bad feeling about that den, that's all."

"Oh... well later we can go get some herbs then check up on it I guess." Ravenpaw said, spawning an awkward silence. I nodded, other than that it was pure silence. Not a word, all sounds from outside the den seemed distant and far away.

"Well, you can have the rest of the rabbit, I'll go check up on Bonestar and the other kits then we can go find some herbs, ok?" I mewed, standing up and picking up a bundle of borage, dandelions, poppy seeds and coltsfoot.

"Alright, don't forget the chervil though!" Ravenpaw meowed, standing up and picking up a chervil leaf. He shuffled the leaf over dipping his head. I nodded, picking up the leaf.

"We'll meet back here then head out then," I purred, my voice muffled by the herbs as I started exiting the den.

"Ok!" Ravenpaw meowed, nuzzling my ear. "Don't forget we can check the elders' den later too."

"Alright, see you later!" I yowled, nearly dropping the bundle of herbs before leaving the den. We shall get to the bottom of whatever is going on around that den, I can tell something is up. Although, I can hear that same voice from moons ago, when I left the camp and was hit by a monster, that I would regret this.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Over here!" Ravenpaw yowled, calling back to me as he leaped over the last rock of the camp's walls.