𝟮𝟯 || 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗲?

Start from the beginning

During their games, you had discovered that the rumours of Akira being in the top five middle blockers in the country, was in fact true. It didn't surprise you as much as it should've but you saw it coming.

He was great at reading people and predicting what their actions were. Off the court, he was hyper, loud, and a bit of an idiot. However, on the court he was serious, he was able to read the energy on the court and he was always on point with his gameplay. No one could get past his blocks, especially if he worked with Omimi and Suna.

Your brothers, somehow didn't know about ( M/n ) cheating on your dad, leaving you to tell them. It shocked you that they didn't pick it up, like how fucking blind are they?

I guess they get it from their mother.

The basketball inter high in Tokyo had taken place last week, and unfortunately, you're friends at Seirin had lost. You had stayed up that night in order to comfort your cousin who was feeling like shit.

They need to give themselves some more credit. You had thought to yourself that night. But... He'll be back soon.

- ☹︎ -

"Get him on the fucking court." You mutter under your breath, clasping your hands near your mouth, your eyebrows furrowing.

Who were you praying to come into the court? Nakamura of course.

He was seated on the bench, his knee bouncing up and down as his chewed on his bottom lip. The blonde boy had run out of energy when he was playing in the first half.

Him and Kurihara had made a major impact on the court, allowing your school to get twenty points ahead of the opposition. However, the after effect of his hard work was completely running out of energy.

"At least now I know what to help him improve on." You mutter, referring to his stamina. Your chest tightens as nerves begin to build up in your stomach.

Although your friends had helped the team get ahead in the first half, the opposition had a trump card.

A foreigner who was well over 6'0 had shown up late and took to the court once Nakamura had gotten off. He managed to score a decent amount of points, making his team only fall 7 points behind.

It was now neck and neck as your eyes narrow at the boys marking your orange-haired friend. The unknown boy harshly elbows Kurihara in the ribs, his back to him. You couldn't tell whether it was by accident or not, but it made your stomach churn with anger and your jaw clench.

"I'll fucking kill them if they hurt Minoru or don't get Haruki on the court." You grumble, your dad nodding in agreement.

It's the fourth quarter and it isn't looking too good for your students.

- ☹︎ -

"Ne, Dad, I've been wondering..." You call your dad as the whistle for a time out fills the room. Your dad hums as he turns to you.

You pull the red lollipop out of your mouth and hold it in front of you before turning to the male beside you.

"I saw this photo on ( M/n )'s beside table when she was packing her things. There were three people. Two males and Aunty ( ( M/n )'s sister). Who are they?" You ask them, placing the candy back in your mouth. However, you raise an eyebrow when you see your father turn away from you with a deep frown, gripping his pants with white knuckles.

"Those two males... Were your uncles." He mutters, his eyes filling with sorrow as he stares at his feet. Your eyes widen as you lean in towards him.