A few of us headed down the long tunnel, making our way toward the persistent reporters. I start thinking of a few generic answers just in case they asked something I wasn't comfortable with truthfully answering.

As we get closer, my vision started zeroing in and the whole world seemed to stop. My hero is heading our way with his security guards. If I was gonna speak first, I had to think of something memorable to say.

As soon as we got within arms reach, he glances over and speaks up first.

"Wassup you little bitch."

Taken aback, I chuckled lowly and let ignorance communicate the best it could. His insult bothered me, but I didn't let it show.

"A'ight man whatever." I respond while continuing down the hallway.

My heart raced as a whole new attitude took over me.

"Don't let him sweat you, he just tryna get in your head." Billy reminds me.

I didn't even realize he was nearby and heard that shit.

"I'm not trippin'." I shrug it off.

"Over here Iverson we want to ask you a few questions!"

I stop in front of the small crowd of people and let the questions fly.

"As a rookie going against the Chicago Bulls, do you have any strategies? Especially for this team?" The first reporter asks.

The team? Yeah. One particular player? Definitely.

"Just like every other game, I'm gonna give it my all once I step on the court, that's about it." I shrug.

"Being known as the new kid who spent one year at Georgetown before coming into the NBA, running the point on a NBA team, still learning and evolving as a basketball player on this level must be overwhelming am I right?" A blonde guy asks.

Hell yeah. I feel like I got the whole world on my shoulders.

"There's some pressure but I'm not letting it sweat me."

"Do you think what you've been experiencing  lately is some sort of rookie hazing or is that something that just comes with the territory?"

To some degree. I get my fair treatment but I'm also getting the most bullshit handed to me. But I can't tell them that.

I thought about it for a moment before answering the question.

"I'm hoping it's because of that reason, by me being a rookie. However, I'm a grown man, I know how to deal with situations like this. I've been dealing with 'em for a while now. So with that being said I've just been taking it to the chin and just keep playing basketball, that's all I can do."

"Any advice for the future players out there that's watching?"

"A lot of guys, to get to the NBA, you've gotta have a lot of confidence, you've gotta have a lot of pride, you've gotta be competitive. And you've gotta have the right guys willing to make the sacrifice in order to be successful. So keep that in mind." I end it.