𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇 ⋯ ♡ᵎ

Four days passed as Sakusa was getting ready to go to the competition alone. He looked around the hallway as he saw a few of his components from the last few years.

"Hey do you think that L/n girl is going to be competing?"

"Maybe, heard she was doing a duet with someone."

"She should've done solo, i'm surprised she even agreed to do a duet."

He gave them a look before he headed backstage to get ready. He was third to play, he sort of wished to play first to get it over with until he realized that he was supposed to be doing a duet. Luckily he had brought his music book—

Her music book.

He sighed as he must've forgotten he had took it, mistaking it as his. He flipped through the pages, trying to find one he remembered but they were all too complex for him until he stopped and saw one he did recognize.

It was one she was playing the second time they "met", Winters Wind. He remembered so vividly how she played, it was so harsh and so emotional, he couldn't figure out if it was her true feelings playing or just how she played.

He looked over the notes, pretending to play on the paper as the taps echoed through the hallway, receiving stares but the others knew that he must've been nervous not that he didn't know how to play a specific piece.

He felt the cold wind brush up against his neck as he realized he was sitting in front of a window. The time had become quicker, forgetting how fast winter came. He looked back at the music sheet, he gut feeling was telling him to go and visit her but he wanted to stay and win just for her so that he can visit and show her how good he's gotten.

He was too into his thoughts to realize that they had called for him as he stood up, walking on stage, the lights were beaming onto his face, he turned to walk to the piano, almost stopping as he saw her.

She was there, sitting and smiling as she was waiting for him but he rubbed his eyes as she disappeared.

His heart almost dropped, he knew he should've went and visited her, he knew all along but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

His fingers were shaking as he placed the music sheet on the stand, putting his fingers on the keys as he started to play. He was so into his emotions to the point where his eyes sight had started to blur, his face felt wet but he kept playing just for her.

And for her only.

The audience could tell he was playing on his emotions due to the constant mishaps as the speed was either going fast or slow. The judges shook their heads at him, automatically taking off points but he didn't care, as long as he was playing for her.

He didn't care if he had to hear her yell into his face how bad he was until his ears bled out because he was playing for her. But he couldn't hear her voice anymore, he couldn't see her, he couldn't do anything with her anymore.

He ended with a good note, standing up as he took the music sheet, bowing to the audience as they were silent, only looking at him as he wiped his tears. He walked off stage, immediately running towards the exit to go to the hospital. He had bumped into her father, he looked shaken up, so tired as there were bags under his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't see her—"

"These..these are for you." he was given a envelope filled with five papers inside, he thought they were music sheets but they were names after him, some were called "Mystery boy at contest," or "loser boy from class," and "Kiyoomi."

"What are these..?"

"They're for you..the letters are for you."

-