𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

The blood loss was getting to her, making her light headed and her body overall weak. Kaylina summoned all the strength she had left, jabbing the walker on top of her in the skull before jabbing the second in the eye and the third through the temple.

Her eyes fluttered open and close as she slumped beneath the dead walkers on top of her. She shoved the bodies off her, grunting in the process as she stood, hissing as she did so. She stood to see several more walkers coming at her.

She turned on her heel, limping as she tried to run, the salty liquids never coming to an end. Looking over her shoulder, she saw the pace of the dragging feet increase as she kept moving.

Her front collided with a hard chest, making her stumble back and the knife fall from her hands.

Whoever it was she bumped into caught her before she fell and she looked up to meet a pair of eyes that were her favourite colour.

A sweet mixture of blue and silver.

Even in the dark, the pair of eyes glowed.

For a second there, she had a genuine smile at the sight, but it faded quickly at the scoring pain in her ankle that never went away.

"Walkers," Kaylina choked out, her voice hoarse as she gripped tightly onto him, her eyes fluttering open and close.

She wasn't sure what the tall boy would do. Would he push her into the walkers to die?

Oh.

What he did even took her by complete surprise.

Draco wrapped his strong arm around her, pulling her closer to his body as he walked them slowly closer to a large tree trunk in the forest.

The walkers were still after them whilst he set her down on the floor, her back leaning on the tree.

"Stay here," was the last thing he said before he fled in the direction of the walkers.

She heard a slash.

Another.

Another.

Another.

Another.

Another.

One after another.

Her chest was heaving, her throat dry as she tried to stay awake. Her clothes were completely stained with undead flesh and residue.

The sounds of the undead snarls grew faint to nothing. She heard body after body thudding and hitting the ground.

Kaylina felt a pair of cold hands help her up from the ground, wincing in the process as she stood and two strong arms wrapped protectively around her.

Draco.

She buried her face in his toned chest with her arms wrapped around his middle, her cheeks were damp as the tears never stopped.

She let out a sob.

She wasn't crying before, the tears just streamed down her cheeks, but now, she was sobbing.

She was sobbing in fear or relief, maybe both, but she knew the sob was overcomed with mostly fear. She never thought she could cry so hard, but now she was and it was nothing but fear.

Draco's hand came to the back of her head gently as his other arm stayed around her waist, pulling her as close as possible until their bodies were pressed on each other.

"Shhh..." the tall boy hushed softly, "It's okay, I'm here now," he whispered into her hair, "I've got you."

Kaylina's grip only tightened around him as she bawled, her heart thudding painfully in her chest. "I-I— walkers— I almost— I— di— I almost died," she spluttered, choking on her sob, her voice muffled in his chest.