𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Kaylina dropped the gun, a wave of relief flowing through her as she dropped to her knees and let out a pained, shuddering breath she didn't know she was holding in.

She was staining the floor with her blood, but she didn't even care.

Everything was hurting.

Her head, her arms, her legs, her whole body. Her eyes stung from her tears and blood splatters of her opponents blood.

"I did it," she whispered shakily to herself, her lip trembling.

She looked down at her hands, blood covered and shaking violently.

I did it, mum.

I did it, dad.

She heard a door open and she felt herself get grabbed by her arms. She let out a pained scream when her wounded arm got aggressively handled by hard hands.

Her eyes were fluttering open and close as she was being dragged down stone floors. She heard a door open and she got shoved into the same white room she woke up in only hours before.

Her body collided with the cold floor, a slight cry fleeing her lips at the pain of her unhealed wounds.

"Kaylina!" a voice that belonged to Fred called out worriedly.

~

Her eyes blinked open, her first view being a bright light blinding her eyes.

She sat up, wincing in the process. She was sitting on the floor with Fred and George, her head had been resting on Fred's lap.

"You did it," George spoke softly, almost a note of pity of what she had just been through.

"You survived," Fred whispered, a wan smile on his lips.

Kaylina let out an exasperated breath, a weak, pained smile. "I did it," she spoke hoarsely.

She turned her body, so she was leaning on the wall, her head instantly falling on George's shoulder. "How long have I been out?" she asked quietly.

"If I had to guess— I'd say twenty minutes or so," George mumbled to her, "You're okay now," he whispered, planting a sweet kiss on her head before his head rested on hers.

She was still bleeding, her wounds not healed. She scanned the room, some of her peers were staring at her, but looked away when her eyes landed on them.

Everyone was in the room except him.

Draco.

Kaylina's eyes widened at the realization, her heart suddenly racing in her chest as her veins ran ice cold.

Please, don't die.

Please, survive.

Please.

Please.

Please.

She prayed he would survive.

Her eyes landed on his friends. Pansy was sobbing in Theo's shoulder, her arms wrapped around his one arm.

Theo and Blaise had terrified expressions, but they were blank at the same time. Daphne was hugging herself, her face buried in her knees.

Kaylina saw Ginny, Ron, and Hermione sitting in the corner. Ginny was holding Hermione's hand and Hermione also held Ron's hand.

All of them looked done and exhausted, especially Ron.