🥀Her Revenge🥀

This one is for a friend, you evil genius. I'm gonna force you to grammar check it now ;) I'm watching a playthrough of Resident Evil Village for background noise while I write. I swear I just heard one of the bug girls say, "This is all Cassandra's fault!" I nearly fell off my bean bag.

Pov - Pico, 1st person.
Setting - Pico's elementary school, which had at some point been abandoned.
Word count - 2070

⚠️ TW - Violence, blood, guns, mentions of mental illness, trama, language, and other angsty crap. ⚠️

I was sprinting through the hallway. The soles of my shoes sqeaked against the floor as I darted past rusty lockers. I couldn't see anything in the dark hallways. Instead, the smell of old books and metal clouded my scenes.

I could hear her laughing at me as I look for a place to hide. I hate her, I hate her! She can't ever leave me the hell alone. Didn't I kill her years ago? How is she here? My hallucinations never hurt me before, they usually just piss me off at the most inconvenient times.

But now, I was being shot at with a fucking ak-47. My left arm was spotted with bullet wounds and my green sweater sleeve had turned red and sticky.

I panted, the taste of copper stinging my throat. I tried not to cough. I didn't need to be any noiser than I already was.

"Piiiiicccooooooo, are you running from me? I thought you weren't scared of me anymore, why must we play cat and mouse?" Her voice hissed. The echo of her scratchy voice reached my ears, but I could hardly hear her taunting behind the roar of my own blood rushing through my body.

I cursed at myself as I turned a corner, nearly tripping over some old playground equipment. I was starting to feel light-headed. I couldn't tell if I was close to fainting, but I knew that I absolutely had to patch up my arm.

I was a danm fool to come back here. I wanted to face my fears, but shit, my fears have also come back to face me!

At last, I spied a small closet inside a dusty abandoned classroom. Pale moonlight slipped through the wide holes where windows used to be. Blood-red curtains lay tattered on the floor, almost as if mocking me.

I couldn't help myself gasp as, at long last, I lost my balance. I did my best to manuvaer myself to where I would land on my knees instead of my entire body. Luckily I did, I landed right on top of shattered glass. What felt like thousands of tiny shards pierced through my pants and into my flesh. I felt something wet trickle from my eyes as I clenched my teeth and bit my tounge, determined not to yell out in agony.

Not only did she shoot my left arm, but now my knees were penetrated with glass fragments. My beloved uzi had been smashed. The remnants were secured in the holster around my waist. I really should have brought a second one. I still have my hunting knife, at least.

I forced myself back on my feet and dragged myself into the closet, silently shutting the door. I always carried medical supplies such as bandages, a block of wood, medicine, and some pain killers. I doubt they would even work, but I quickly swallowed some anyway.

After I hastily cared for my arm, I chomped down on the wood block as I began to remove glass from my knees and applying medicine.

"Are we playing hide and seek now? You always played that game with me when we were little! Ready or not, here I come!" Cassandra giggled. I felt my body freeze momentarily.