𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Why'd you help me?" she broke the silence.

"I didn't," he answered bluntly.

"You did," she argued, "You could've let me get back on my feet by myself after the accident, but you didn't."

He scoffed as both their eyes were fixed on their hands. "It wasn't an accident— we both know that," he drawled.

"That's not the point," she grumbled, looking up at him, "Malfoy, why did you help me?"

He let out a heavy breath, gliding his tongue on the inside of his cheek as his eyes met with hers. "Put it this way," he started, "If the other bloody tasks are worse than this one— it'd be nice to have someone do all the heavy lifting for the rest of us."

She rolled her eyes, a small smile curling on her lips. "You're a dick," she shook her head.

He chuckled. "I know," he lifted a lazy shoulder as he continued to massage her hand.

Silence.

"Do you still want to die?" she questioned out of the blue, her eyes never leaving him.

He was silent for a moment, massaging her fingers gently. "Depends," he shrugged.

"On?" she quirked an eyebrow, taking her hand from his soft grasp.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest, his biceps flexing as he did so. He cocked his head to the side, his eyes narrowing as he studied her. "You're just full of questions, aren't you, Santos?" his tone was unreadable.

"Maybe," she lifted a casual shoulder.

He huffed a slight laugh, sending shivers down her spine. "Some questions should remain unanswered," he raised his eyebrows, his fingertips tapping against his bicep.

She felt the breath leave her lungs at the beautiful boy in front of her.

"Malfoy?"

"Santos."

"Please, don't die during the Assassination."

Silence.

"No promises."

~

Kaylina's eyes blinked open, the noises sounding faint as her vision slowly adjusted to the bright light shining over her.

She sat up, her eyes scanning her surroundings immediately. She was in a squared room, it was a white room. Everything was white and there was nothing but a large tv on one of the four walls.

She also saw all her peers were with her.

Fred, George, Ginny, Dean, Neville, Padma, Hermione, Pansy, Daphne, Cedric, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Luna...

oh, no.

Ron's not in there.

Kaylina noticed her peers were already up, leaning on the walls, either sitting or standing. Her eyes landed on three redheads leaning on the wall, devastated looks on their faces.

Hermione was also sitting next to Ginny, tears streaming down both their faces as they held each other.

"Where's Ron?" Kaylina asked, her voice was hoarse as she crawled to the twins.

"Oi! Santos, look on the t.v," a voice that belonged to Theo shouted from across the room.

Kaylina sat herself between Fred and George, leaning on the wall before looking up at the t.v. Ron.