The Beginning

Pain

Pain.

One word, one syllable, four letters. Yet it held so much depth, enormous dimensions.

Pain.Endless, limitless, boundless, continuous excruciating pain.

Yes, that's what she felt. The world was falling apart for her.

Before today, she clung to the pain as if it were her lifeline. Maybe because it was. It gave her the tiny hint of liveliness, the hint to carry on with life. That pain was what she called her buddy, all because it gave her hope. She held on to that hope. That teeny-tiny hope which we experience while falling from a forty storey building. When you know you're going to die, but you're stupid enough to believe someone would catch you.

She likes to think of it as the foolishness that every human gets possessed of just before their death. Like it's the almighty's way of telling, 'You know you're gonna die, there's no need of your brain now.'

Yet she held on to that hope, waiting patiently to be saved.

But here she is now.Beside her overflowing bathtub. And this time, there's a blade instead of hope that she's clinging on to.How does she feel?Nervous.She hopes it to be the first successful thing she does being alive. Because God knows how miserably she fell each time she tried.

She's been staring at her wrist for over an hour now. Tears stopped long ago, twentyminutes earlier to be precise. It was a fine hot summer afternoon and also yesterday was the hottest day recorded. Yet her hands lay out cold on her lap quivering though sweat glistened on them. Great, her body was more confused than she was right now.She stared at her figure in the full-length mirror opposite to her. She looked pale, too pale for her liking. Her chocolate brown hair would have been the best example for teaching 'N-for-Nest' in kindergarten. Her lips were chapped which reminded her that the last meal she ate was the day before yesterday.

But her overall dishevelled appearance was nothing compared to her eyes. She stared back with a blank expression. Her eyes looked soulless, which made her look devoid of any emotion. Like someone's back from dead or something, or in her case, going to be dead soon.

That is⁠- if she's able to slice open her vein. But even that's too good to be true for her. She can't even do that. Because she's a coward.

Yes, that's what she truly is.

One push. One last push is what she needs to get the job done and over with.

With this thought, she closes her eyes remembering everything starting from the very first day. The day when the hell started to break loose, without even her knowing it. The whole story of her life begins to play behind the closed curtains of her eyes. Again, the pain was too much. Every wave of her existence came crashing on her, as a lone tear slipped through her left eye.

 Every wave of her existence came crashing on her, as a lone tear slipped through her left eye

A/N: Hello there jellybeans! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Yes, this is me trying to uplift your mood after that sad as fuck cliffhanger xD

Just wanted to say that this ain't no cliche where a hero is going to magically appear and save our dear princess (- um you'll know her name soon!). No. This is about her and her alone.

Any guesses on our princess's name?

Also, drink water ya'll, idk who you are but if you are reading this story, I'm not going to let you guys die on me. Finish this first my biches xD

Love ya!