Six: Behind The Closed Doors

Start from the beginning

Nodding, Wei Wuxian lets himself be embraced by his brother and soon Jiang Yanli joins her brother in the hug once she sees Jiang Cheng was successful in bringing Wei Wuxian back to them.

Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren were notified of what happened and ran to where they said everything went down. Lan Xichen was in shock, seeing his brother and young Master Jiang bring Young Master Wei back to life. Even Lan Qiren was lost on to what to do even. He almost lost a guest student, and it would have been his fault if Wei Wuxian died that night. Though they were able to breathe, not easily, but breath came when they saw Jiang Cheng was successful and the Jiang siblings hugging their adoptive brother. After the shock, Grandmaster Lan ordered a few disciples to run to the infirmary and get the doctor and a stretcher to take Wei Wuxian to get treatment. Lan Xichen started to send the remaining disciples all to their quarters for the rest of the night, promising food to be delivered to them soon. Though the Jiangs refused to leave Wei Wuxian's side. Even the disciples seemed to be on guard against all Lan's, having their hands on the hilt of their swords glaring down the Lan's, making sure they don't make any sudden movements to harm their Head disciple.

They didn't even allow the Lan's to carry Wei Wuxian away to the infirmary, They took over and carried Wei Wuxian away. Jiang Yanli was trying to be led away by other disciples to her rooms but she refused and followed her brothers and watched them change Wei Wuxian into a new pair of pants but they skipped putting a tunic on him and laid him onto his chest to clean the wounds and dress them. Jiang Cheng orders his disciples to guard the door and not to allow any of them in before joining his sister's side by their brother's bedside, just in time to see Wei Wuxian was coming to.

He opens his tired dead-like silver eyes to stare at two pairs of violet eyes. He forces a weak smile that neither of his siblings were able to return. Jiang Cheng was angry, no it was worse he was pissed off, furious, he was livid. There weren't enough words to describe, or big enough to describe how he felt at this moment. Jiang Cheng, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!"

Jiang Yanli, "A-Cheng!" their sister stops him, giving him a disapproving look before she turns her attention back to Wei Wuxian, "A-Xian, you don't drink, you never took a sip in your life and yet, now you decided to break a secret rule in Cloud Recesses? I don't believe you even took a sip today did you?"

Wei Wuxian didn't say anything, he didn't even meet his shijie's eyes. Jiang Cheng grits his teeth and looks away as well, Jiang Cheng, "It was I and Second brother Nie who snuck the alcohol into Cloud Recesses, he knew if Wei Wuxian was with us, he would stop us from enjoying a jar or two, so we waited for him to go into meditating and we did it behind his back making sure not be caught by Lan Wangji but..." Jiang Cheng broke down crying, "It's all my fault! I should have listened and followed the rules, then we wouldn't have to almost lose you Wei Wuxian! You were having another burst of Spiritual energy again. That's what we all saw from the water, were you letting go of pent-up energy? Why? WHY?!? Why did you have to take the fall for something you didn't even do?"

Wei Wuxian, "Because they wanted something to pin on me, they saw me and only saw nothing good and they waited. When Lan Wangji caught me with that jar of alcohol, even if I didn't take a drink, they condemned me for what they already thought of me. There was no reason for you or Second Young Master Nie to go down with me. I can take a beating, and my reputation can take being dragged in the mud, but yours can't, Jiang Cheng. You are going to be Sect. Leader, but I'll never be anything but a Servant's son. I can take the beatings while you need to come out okay in the end."

Jiang Cheng shakes his head, lost for words and not knowing what to do, no that was a lie, he knew what to do, so he turns to his disciples and orders, "Go pack the bags and get a carriage, we're heading home tonight."