Take a walk with me

Start from the beginning

But Luke is new on the team, maybe they are right, maybe it is something Spencer should get over with more easily and maybe Spencer is just someone that needs to be pushed like this and it's not really his business to get involved in their arguments yet so he just looks back on his file following the conversation at the table that neither he nor Spencer does engage in.

"I am sorry about the chair thing-"

"It's fine. I overreacted." Spencer tells him when they are about to leave the room. "People say I tend to"

Intimidated by the others Luke ignores Spencer's comment and grabs his files hurrying out behind to get his things to fly out to the case.

And over the course of his first official case on the team, he tries learning about his teammates but somehow his eyes and thoughts always travel their way back to Spencer.

Spencer who starts rambling on facts about the case until he is cut off.

Reid who shakes his hands out whenever he thinks no one is looking.

Spencer who looks always slightly to the side while someone speaks to him, his eyes focus on the person infront but often they drift of to the wall next to them, to the ceiling or their necklace.

Reid who looks for reinsurance at Hotch whenever he starts speaking waiting for the sign to stop.

"You wanna play?" Luke asks holding up a cards game when they are on their way back to Quantico.
Hotch is working at the back of the jet, on the couch next to him JJ is fast asleep while Tara and Rossi are too in their seats.

"I'd love to." An enthusiastic grin grows on Spencer face as he puts his book aside and makes space on the table for the game.

"I kinda have the feeling I am not winning this."

"You can try." For a moment Spencer looks disappointed as he reaches for the stack. "We are still gonna play right?"

"Totally." Luke ensures him. "If I just wanted to win I would have waited to play with JJ or someone 3else."

"JJ is really good actually. She somehow tends to beat me too sometimes."

"I am surrounded by professional poker players."

"I grew up in Vegas. I am banned from nearly every casino in the city because of my card counting ability."

"Belive me or not I have never been to Vegas." Luke tells him while looking at his cards. "Do you still have family there?"

"Yes my mum and my dad live there too but we don't talk."

"Oh I am sorry?"

"No it's okay" Spencer responds and places his card down. "Does your dad live in the city?"

"Oh no I moved here for the job but it's not far." He notices how Spencer leg moves up and down under the table and how his one finger repeatedly tips the cards in his hand. "But I have family in Washington. My aunt moved there when we were teenagers and we would spend our holidays there sometimes."

He waits for an answer while they continue to play so eventually Luke chuckles to over play the uncomfortable silence making Spencer look up at him frowning slightly.