Chapter 1: The Anniversaries

Disclaimer: All of the contents of this story are based on the author's personal experiences and views in terms of life and love. The names of the characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents mentioned in the story are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

/start/ 

The sun has not risen yet, but it seems like the day has already begun for Liv Domingo. It's a beautiful Saturday morning. The weather outside the penthouse is freezing, but this did not stop her from going out of the house. To protect herself from the cold breeze of the air, she wore a cardigan that best complements her simple white tee and jeans.

Liv's penthouse is on the top floor of one of the high-rise buildings in the city. It was a gift from her parents when they were still alive. For almost five years now, she lives there with her partner, Eros Villanueva.

The day today is not an ordinary one for both Liv and Eros. They are celebrating their 7th anniversary as a couple today. Eros has no work, and Liv, although she has some business to process in the town, she has decided to reschedule it to another day. She does not want to let the day go without surprising her boyfriend for seven years.

Upon exiting the building, she made a 5-minute walk to the nearest cakeshop. As usual, she ordered their favorite cake, a yellow butter cake. After that, she went back to their penthouse and started cooking a breakfast-in-bed theme dish for her partner.

When the clock strikes at 7, Liv excitingly carries the tray that contains Eros' breakfast to their room. Wearing the same top and jeans she had when she went out earlier, she quickly sat beside her boyfriend.

Eros was peacefully sleeping. His upper body naked. His face is looking up straight to the ceiling. To wake him up, Liv decided to roll over the curtains near their bed. Without fail, Eros slowly opened his eyes. The first thing that caught his attention and made him smile was the amount of dirt all over the white tee of his girlfriend.

"Good morning, love."

Liv walked back to the bed and gave him a sweet peck on the lips. Eros pulled her closer to him and gave her a more passionate kiss.

"Good morning, my love."

Liv, once again, gave him a sweet kiss, and then, she turned her body to the bedside table and took the tray that contains the breakfast she made for him.

"What is this? Did you wake yourself early in the morning to prepare this for me?"

He asked with admiration. Liv just smiled and nodded.

He is trying to play a game, huh. She thought.

"Try the pancakes, first."

She told him.

"I will, though I have a bad feeling I'll run to the CR right after a bite."

Her brows arched. Eros laughs at her reaction. Jokingly, he pinches her cheeks, then, took a bite on the burnt pancake her girlfriend has prepared.

"How's it?"

"Hmm, this tastes better than I have imagined, love."

"Really?"

Eros nodded, and so, to check if her boyfriend is indeed telling him the truth, she took a bite as well.

"Eros! You- ugh, liar!"

The guy laughs his ass off seeing how her girlfriend's face twitches after a bite. The burnt pancake tasted like burnt food. Eros knows her partner is not a good cook. She has tried several times, but she always messes up her cooking.