𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

She took the Beretta M9 and took out the magazine to check if there was any ammo. There were a few bullets, so she put the magazine back in, clicking it before putting on the sound proof headphones and safety glasses.

She saw Draco in the section next to her, he was getting ready to shoot.

She tore her eyes off the blonde boy and focused on the dummy across from her with both hands on the gun.

She had her right hand on the right side of the gun, her three lower fingers gripping the bottom with her pointer finger straight out along the frame of the gun.

Her left hand rested on the bottom, her thumb resting on the frame of the gun, her right thumb resting over her left hand.

She closed an eye, aiming straight to the dummy's head. She took a deep breath, ignoring the thudding in her chest. She tried to keep her hands as steady as possible.

She put her finger on the trigger...

FIRE!

She shot straight through the dummy's head.

She didn't know how she got it so dead on, she never shot a gun like this before. She lowered her gun, looking at the dummy she just shot in shock.

Kaylina didn't hear Draco shoot anything, so she put her gun down to peek over at him.

He was staring at her dummy.

She walked over to him and picked up his gun.

He looked down at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Trust me," she flashed a small smile.

He gave a short nod and she held the Beretta M9 in her hand before taking one of his hands. Kaylina got an electric shock through her fingertips from touching him, skin to skin.

Draco was cold to the touch, but funnily enough, she got warmth from his cold touch. His touch felt natural, safe.

She positioned his hands on the gun the way she had hers, carefully moving his fingers to the right positions. His gaze was on their hands, their hands being tangled as she helped him hold the gun properly.

He didn't smell like his usual scent and she knew his scent from the amount of times they were partnered for assignments in class. Expensive cologne and teakwood with a faint hue of mint.

His scent was so strong that it intoxicated her lungs, more than anything she could name, but now it's gone.

She liked his scent, but it's gone.

He just smelt like the shampoo they provide for them.

Clean and faint of citrus.

"Have you ever shot a gun before?" Kaylina broke the silence as she looked up at him.

Draco let out a slight laugh, but sounded more as a scoff. "I'm a Pureblood Wizard in the Wizarding world where we have spells and wands— I've never even held a gun, Santos," he said bluntly, looking down at her.

She lifted her brows. "There's a first for everything," she muttered, putting his gun up and aiming it straight at the dummy across from him.

"I saw your shot— how did you shoot the dummy perfectly in the head?" he asked, his eyes staring so intensely at her. 

She could see his eyes dragging along the big scar on her face that was given to her by him. "Lucky shot?" she shrugged lazily.

"No, not just that—" he denied, shaking his head, "Everything we've been doing since we got here, you're a natural at," he narrowed his eyes at her before looking back at their tangled hands.