~Twenty-Eight~

There were a few complaints from the rest of the team, namely Pietro, but Tony said that he trusted Doctor Attenborough.

Tony had flown me out in a helicopter to a boat off the coast of New York that was going to sail down to where the study was.

Tony said that Doctor Attenborough could explain the project more than he could, so I waited until I landed on the boat to ask any questions.

Everyone on board was wearing shorts and either t-shirts or tank tops.

This made me feel better about what Natasha had packed for me, which was the same thing.

There was a college student who escorted me to Doctor Attenborough's room.

Doctor Attenborough was sitting at a desk with a few books open in front of him while he took notes in a leather bound journal.

"Syrena! You made it!" He exclaimed as the door closed behind me.

I nodded, why would I not have?

He motioned to the chair beside him, "Come sit! I want to show you what we're after," he said.

I sat in the chair, the books were filled with photos of a black and white speckled fish I'd never seen before.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked me, pointing to one of the pictures.

I shook my head. "I'm not surprised, not many know about the coelacanth. It's a prehistoric fish that everyone thought was extinct until recently. We're going to go see if we can find some to observe them and record any behaviors or traits," he explained.

That sounded simple, yet interesting.

"The problem is though, these fish like to reside in the deep, about twenty-three hundred feet below the surface. Mister Stark said that you would have no problem getting to that depth without any equipment," he told me.

I blinked, I'd never tried before, but why not? I wanted to see the coelacanth.

"I can try," I told him, looking at the photo of the fish.

That seemed to satisfy him.