Just as she almost blocks out the world around her by her thoughts— she's jolted from of her pondering by her best friend,
jumping onto the ground, chasing after his beloved pet toad, the tall boy appearing a lot shorter and smaller as he's crouched on the ground, diving under a seat in the compartment next to y/n.
The smooth sided toad was always escaping from Neville somehow, sure he turned up eventually- he always gave Neville a nasty shock while searching.

Y/n chuckles to herself as she remembers when Trevor leapt into the black lake after Neville had taken him to the knee-deep water search for gillyweed, only to realize the aquatic herb doesn't even grow in this part of the world.

Neville was sure that was the last he'd ever see of him- but later that term Trevor mysteriously showed up in the corner of Neville's spare drawer in his desk.
It was almost the happiest she's ever seen him when he informed her, his smile lines the biggest she's ever imagined, it made her stomach swarm with a wiggly feeling as he laughed, holding Trevor up in front of her face, daringly close to her nose.

She laughs a little louder, getting his attention, he turns his head, still reaching for his pet as he chuckles along with her, his knees kissing the floor, arms out in front of him, tugging under the seat.
Harry Potter steps cautiously around him, making quick work of his time, trying to find a free compartment.

Following him was Luna Lovegood, carrying stacks of her father's newspaper, the quibbler.
Y/n has always been fond of the Lovegoods, Luna especially, She has never been the type to judge.
Luna herself has been tormented and bullied all throughout her life.

The charming girl sports a pair of spectrespecs, made by her father, the pink glasses matching her outfit.
Y/n had read about the peculiar glasses in last weeks' quibbler. They were briefly advertised in the final statement of the magazine.

excited to be stimulated through the train ride,
y/n stretches her legs, stepping towards the girl.
"Luna, how have you been?" Y/n smiles as the girl with the strange-looking spectacles quickly looks up at her, smiling with a dazed look.
"oh pleasantly, quibbler?" Y/n nods eagerly, knocking some hair in front of her eyes, before pushing it behind her ear after the curious girl walks away.

She glances at the cover before turning her attention to her newly standing best friend, now with his precious toad in hand.

"Neville! I missed you, are you doing alright?" She questions before pulling him into a hug, his arms stretching out, embracing her warmth and the material of her jumper, the smell of her hair, the feeling of her right up against him, the green yarn of his jumper stretching as He hugs back instantly, smiling before he can get any words out.

" i-I've been great, Gran's saw what I did last July- at the ministry. She's real proud, even bought be a new wand!"
Neville gently switches Trevor to his other hand, almost letting him escape again before dipping his hand into his pocket, pulling out a 13 inch, dark wooden Wand, the handle almost black and twisted at three points, connected to the base at a slight dip.

"Cherry wood with unicorn hair core- not flexible though, gran already warned me not to try to bend it. She says she won't be investing in another" he chuckles nervously at his last sentence, rubbing the back of his neck.
Before Y/n can respond Neville gets called over by a familiar boy, Harry Potter. The short boy with dark hair, barely caring to cover the lightning scar on his forehead, unlike his past years at Hogwarts.

"I-ill stop by your compartment before the train stops, I have a lot of new plants to talk to you about-" he says as he waves and starts to jog towards the 'chosen one' as everyone is calling him.