She flashed back to her resent quest, it still left a scar, both mentally and physically. She saw and felt death close up, she seen betrayal, she carried the weight of the sky and was left with a reminder. Percy felt for the strand of gray hair on her head, others at the school thought it to be a new style she was trying out, but Percy knew better. This is a curse, a reminder of that painful night. Somehow the thought of confessing to Dick didn't excite her anymore.

Dick's POV

The bell rang for the second time just as Dick reached his classroom on time. The teacher looked up once and back down again. They never cared. Dick sat down next to Axel Aguirre and the class officially begun.

Axel nodded in acknowledgment and Dick did the same. "You usually came in early, what happened today?"

"Talking. With Percy."

Axel smiled.

"What?"

"N-nothing. I'm just not surprised that's all. You made it so obvious, I'm pretty sure the entire school knows except for the girl herself."

Dick almost dropped the pencil he was balancing on his fingertips. His face heats up immediately. "No, I don't...I think."

Axel scoffed and lean back in his chair. "Camila is right, you guys are a bunch of idiots. That's probably the only thing I'll ever agree with her."

Dick lightly laughed. Axel and his cousin are a funny duo, family but almost arch-nemesis. "I know you know that I like her. That's why I plan on officially asking her tonight. I have already hold it off for long enough, it's time."

It took Axel a moment to process, then his face lit up with excitement. Without even thinking of what he is doing, Axel jumped up excitedly with a loud whoop. Everyone turned their heads to look at him and the brown-haired boy's face burned with embarrassment.

"Mr. Aguirre. Please contain yourself. I expected better from you." The teacher said sternly.

"Sorry..." Axel squeaked and quickly sat down. Dick tried his best to contain his laughter as his friend buried his face in his hands.

"Great job, Aguirre."

"Shut up, Grayson."

...

Percy's POV

Percy stared at herself in the mirror. For some reason, she felt nervous.

As usual, she looked beautiful, even Percy herself cannot deny it. Her dress was the definition of perfection, it's greek style as usual with silver straps at the shoulders and a silver vine-like belt at the waist. The light green, floor lengthed dress was silky and flowy, perfect for a hot summer night. Percy doesn't usually wear dresses with a low cut on the back but she made an exception for tonight. Her hair was neatly styled and pinned in the back with a silver seashell hairpin. Strands of loose hair framed her small face, outlining her unique sea-green eyes. The strand of grey hair was skillfully hidden, just like her painful quest.

"It's alright, Percy." She muttered quietly. "It's just a dance, no biggie..." Yeah, somehow she didn't believe herself. Something felt off tonight. Before she could submerge herself deep in thoughts, a knock on the door woke Percy before she could go too deep.

"Come in." The door opened and Dick's shocking blue meets Percy's vibrant sea-green.

Dick's POV

"Wow." Dick's eyes almost popped out of his socket when they landed on the beautiful girl. "You looked beautiful."

Percy lightly blushed and tugged a strand of hair behind her ears. "Thanks, you looked handsome..."