"Anybody else need a sick day?" She asked. When no one answered, she nodded. "Good. Then as Agent Jareau said, wheels up in 20."

She left the room and the whole team exchanged glances. JJ sighed.
"Ok. Come on, guys, we still have a job to do." She said. "These people deserve justice."

***

"So each of the 4 victims were in their early 20s and rented a room from a house owned by an AGM properties." JJ said, as the team briefed on the jet.

"Looks like they were a nameless, faceless landlord." Tara added.
"But the victims weren't." Barnes spoke up. "Charles Cook taught high school Math. Vicky Wilson worked at a nonprofit."
"Jenny Kyle was in medical school while Ray Murphy was finishing up law school." Luke finished.

"I don't see any red flags in their pasts." Tara frowned going over the files in her tablet once more. "No criminal histories, no incidents of violence. Not even a speeding ticket. They were just living normal, regular lives."
"And surprisingly, none of them appeared to be hooking up." Matt said. "You'd think in those close quarters, that age group, they'd be bound to pair off."
"Looking at their social media, it seems their house was the place to be. They held dinner parties, they hosted game night, they had people over to watch sports." Barnes said.
"That much foot traffic widens our initial suspect pool." Rossi noted.
"Good day." Penelope greeted politely as her face appeared on the small monitor on the table in between the team. "It looks like the house was a lot more crowded than we thought. Three other people lived there, too. I'm sending you their information now."

There was a beep signalizing Penelope had sent them the new information she got. Lily opened up her tablet and started to read the new files.
"So Corrine Jordan's a flight attendant." JJ spoke up. "She was in Zurich during the time of the murders."
"And Rachel Willow is an accountant." Tara continued. "She spent the night at her sister's and then headed straight to the PD after they notified her."
"She's waiting for us there now." Lily said, as she read the email the Detective had sent her a few seconds before.
"That leaves Larry Scanlon, a psychologist at a mental health clinic." Matt said. "He's still unaccounted for."
"Which makes Larry our primary suspect." Barnes said. "He needs to be located asap. Garcia, check all of his recent online activity."
"Ok." She said, before hanging up the video call.

JJ opened her mouth to give the team the instructions on what to do next since she was, temporarily, the Unit Chief, but Barnes beat her to it.
"Alvez, work with the locals to search for Larry." She said, as JJ groaned lowly and Lily sent her a sympathetic smile. "Matt, head to the M.E. while agents Jareau and Lewis set up at the PD. Agent Rossi, you and I will head to the crime scene. Agent Scottley, I want you to work with the local news. I want them to know we are here."

At that, Lily frowned. The media? What did she want with the media in a case like this? And so soon?

"I don't think..."

"That's an order, Agent Scottley. Don't question my orders, you get it?" Barnes interrupted her for the second time that morning.

Lily bit her lip to stop herself from saying something she would regret. She shared a look with JJ and the blonde shrugged gently. Lily looked back at Barnes.

"Yes, ma'am."

***

As Lily started to set up the crime board in the conference room they were given in St. Louis, she sighed when she noticed Barnes standing beside her with the cup of coffee she had asked for to the detective and didn't even thank her for.

"Did you talk to Dr. Reid?" Barnes asked, as Lily continued to pin up the pictures and maps up on the board. "After the way he... Lashed out this morning, that is?"