Entropy

A/N: This is a loooong because it cover the whole episode basically so, beware hahaha. I hope you enjoy this one. Let me know your thoughts! Votes and comments are always appreciated!

Episode: 11x11

Lily sat with Derek in a table a few feet away from Spencer and Cat's. As she sipped her wine, she had to take some deep breathes to focus on the mission ahead every time he chuckled at something she had said. She knew it was fake. She knew it was all an act. But with the new feeling of lightness in her finger, she couldn't help but feel the rage burning deep inside her as they talked.

JJ was sitting alone in the bar with Tara a few meters away and Rossi was down the room, sipping whiskey also by himself. Hotch and Garcia were back at Quantico, analyzing every video and audio that got to them and Lily was supposed to pretend she was on a date with Morgan, but each time he made her giggle, she realized she was probably doing a better job than she thought she would.

"Tell me about your wife."

When those words slipped out of Cat's lips, everyone's attention in the team turned to the conversation she was starting with Spencer. Lily reached out for Morgan's hand and intertwined her fingers in his, with a shy smile. He returned the gesture. It was a good thing they were such good friends.

"If you don't mind, I'd, uh, I'd rather not talk about her." Spencer stammered.

"Might as well get it out in the open, right? That's why we're here. How long have you been married?"

"4 years."

"When is she due to give birth?"

"Uh... A couple of- A couple of months." He answered after a few seconds of rehearsed hesitation. He was doing a good job. If Lily didn't know him, she would've believed it. Too bad she did. "Should we talk about price now, or...?"

"Slow down, tiger. What exactly are we negotiating here?" Cat asked, and, even if Lily couldn't see it, she was sure she was leaning across the table just slightly.

"You know."

"I want to hear you say it."

"To have her killed." Spencer whispered, almost as if he was really uncomfortable with the lie. But would he? It was his idea in the first place. And he didn't have a wife.

"Let me see your ring." Cat asked, as Spencer took a few seconds to grant her wish and show off the fake wedding ring he had placed on his finger only minutes ago. "You know what that is? A noose. Only it doesn't kill you all at once. It kills you slowly, day by day. You ever feel that way?"

"I feel that way all the time."

"Take it off."

"Why?"

"As a sign of your commitment." She smirked. "To me."

"If she sticks to pattern, she'll take him to a secondary location and kill him." JJ's voice came through the small earpiece Lily was wearing.

"We're not gonna let it get that far." She whispered, knowing it was enough for the microphone in her neckline to catch it loud and clear.

"Hotch, do you have a visual?" Morgan asked.

"Just hacked in." He answered. "All right, we have you over her left shoulder. Do you copy?" It was a question to Spencer and it took him a minute to respond, seeing as Cat's eye were glued on his every move. Lily bit her lip. "All right, all agents stand by. Dr. Reid will give the green light. Don't move until we have it."

"24-karat?" Cat hummed lightly. "24k times... 4 years means this ring should be dinged and nicked. But the sucker is brand-new. You're not married."