One: Gen's Report

Hm. This Tsukasa is nuts.

That's what I thought as I watch him catch birds in the sky as if he's picking stones from the ground. His body is huge and toned, yet he moves swiftly as feather.

Hm yeah, he's definitely looking like Tarzan.

"Hotaru."  he called and threw the poor bird on my face. He bothered to unpetrify me to collect dead birds? Yeah, practical as hell since I don't know anything about birds or survival hacks. Yeah, that's Tsukasa for you.

"Hotaru." he called and pushed a rabbit on my face. In the first place why'd he unpetrify me? Yeah he did say he wants to create an untainted world without the old generation, and he prioritise young people who's potentially useful.

"Hotaru." he called and kicked a dead chicken on my face. Yeah so, I'm potentially useful? Well not like I have any choice but to go with the flow. I dont have any option here or else I'll just die in hunger.

"Hotar-"

I snapped. "I'm looking! You don't need to get my attention everytime you kill an animal!" I clicked my tongue as I snatch another rabbit from his grip, slamming the poor thing on the basket.

"Isn't this enough yet? I want to go back." I complained, thumping my foot impatiently. 

He stared at the basket for a second, "Hm. I collected enough dinner for everyone after all." he nodded on himself, walking down the mountain alone, not even bothering to call me.

Following him from behind, he started babbling about his goal once again. Ever since I've been unpetrified two weeks ago, I feel like I heard his goal 20 times already that I'm getting tired of it.

Not like I agree on him, I'm just following him for practical survival.

Plus...

"And as I told you the moment you're unpetrified, I need to confirm that Ishigami Senku is dead. That's the very reason why I sent Gen to investigate. He'd come back soon for sure. Hm."

...he's looking at Senku as a threat for his dream.

He did tell me that he killed Senku with his own hands. I guess that explains why Taiju and Yuzuriha is here? They visit his grave regularly as well. Does this mean, he really is dead...?

...you think I'll think like that, Tsukasa?!

Dont underestimate me you primate high schooler! That SENKU you're talking about is the very man that rejected me three times! Three times, you know?! He's a mega science otaku  who only cares whether a human will benefit him or not! Don't go around killing him with a mere snap on the neck!

...well maybe he's dead?

HOWEVER, he could be alive! He could be somewhere mixing shits and stuff, you wouldn't know! Even if he's alive, no way I'd let you know. Blee.

× × × ×

Three hours later, the dinner is served. The food doesn't taste anything like in the modern times but what else do we have? I can just cry in the corner and nothing will happen.

Following that, I'm quite depressed about Gen's report when he returned earlier.

Senku is gone without a trace. That's what he said.

Not like I'm surprised or anything, coz what else should I expecting? As I observed Senku in the past, he's just a wimp. He's light as feather, his physiques are that of a kindergarten pupil.

And Tsukasa snapped his neck, probably some vital part for an instant death. Senku is not physically capable of enduring such thing, however with some scientific method,  maybe he survived...that's what I've been thinking all this time but Gen's report destroyed those all.

"Hm? What's this, are you depressed about Senku, Hotaru-chan?"  I rolled my eyes.  "I'm not depressed at all. I just wish I could eat ramen instead of this tasteless rabbit."  I brushed him off, putting my dinner down on the table to show that I'm not interested on the food.

"Oh, is that so? You're lying tho. It's clearly written on your face. Don't take me so lightly, I'm a mentalist." he smirked, stealing the last piece of meat from my plate.

Well if he can see through lies, I can't do anything about it. Even if he find out that I have a crush on Senku, nothing will change since he's dead.

After dinner, I went to Yuzuriha on her room and asked for a new clothing. My clothes have been full of blood when I went hunting with Tsukasa this afternoon after all. Not like we have some bleach in this stone world to clean these up.

"Hotaru-chan do you want to request a clothing design?" she gently smiled in the middle of the sewing kits surrounding her. Yuzuriha and Taiju probably have it rougher since they're close friends with Senku, unlike me who only managed to talk with him three times, only with the times that I confessed to him. Now he's dead.

"Hm. You can dress me however you want, Yuzuriha-san... The reason for my living is gone anyways..."

"Eh? What's wrong, Hotaru-chan?"

AHHH!!! WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST SAY?!

"Nothing, anyway you can give me anything." I replied but what the heck is this. A dress-like thing that has a lot of slits! Why is this thing so showy and sexy? Well, no one would care about clothing in this stone age anyway.

"Thank you, Yuzuriha-san." Tho complaining wouldn't help.

I was about to leave her room when she suddenly called out to me and said, "If you're bothered or you want someone to talk to, come to me any time Hotaru-chan. I'll listen to you."

I smiled and bowed my head as I stepped outside where Gen's face is suddenly sticking out in front of me.

"What the, Gen! Stop creeping people out will you?!" I pushed his face away. He chuckled for a second before looking at my new clothes.

"What? If you have something to say, spit it out." I cracked my knuckles. "Woah, calm down. It's just I think you wore a cute dress. Yuzuriha-chan probably thought you're depressed and gave you her best outfits."

Hm

Hm. Well I'm grateful.

"In any case, what do you need?" I asked as he lead me further away from the base of Tsukasa.

"I'm going to an adventure later, wanna join me?"

Adventure, my ass.

"Look, I don't have time for adventures. I will die if I follow a wimp like you." I replied, looking at his face creeping with a smile. "It's fine, we're going out as Tsukasa army. We just need to scout the further area."

"Yeah, yeah fine. I'm tired so leave me alone." I half-ass agreed and walked away.

I'll just do whatever's around.

In this stone age, there's nothing much to do but survive anyway.