"But..why?" Kei was lost for his words.

"It's not so easy, you know..You and megumi just go and kill like it's nothing but I.. can't do it." 

Megumi slumped his shoulders, looking almost defeated while Kei continues his baffled stare. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I-"

"Yuji..what do you think we're doing?" 

"W-What?" 

"You know what I'm talking about. You think this is a game? This is life and death we're talking about it. Y-You know letting him was our ONE  chance of us getting out of here!" Kei was now raising his voice at him, hands on his hip as Yuji looked like he wants to slither away from the conversation. 

"Look, I tried! I really did, Kei." The boy shook his head. "But it's not just criminals..there are innocent people here trying to escape. Trying to find some purpose in their life and I don't want to cut their lives short. That's not me! I don't want to get to decide who lives or dies." 

"Kei's right, Yuji. You knew what we were getting into when we joined the culling games. Death is indiscriminate here. We have to win if we want to survive. And besides, think of Gojo. Think of what we can do when we win. We can kill Kenjaku and all go home."

"If you guys want to go on without me, then go ahead but I don't want to go on this crusade and kill some of these people who were forced to participate."

"We can't do that." Megumi retorted. 

"Dammit, Yuji! You're acting completely selfish. This isn't the time right now!" Kei's words struck a cord at Yuji and the pink hair boy looked stunned at him, before his face crumbled to anger. 

"Selfish? You're calling ME selfish? Kei, you have no idea what I'm going through! After I've dealt with you and ask about you several times, you have not, NOT ONCE, asked me about my own well-being." He then points at Megumi, "Have you ever asked Megumi if he was okay? His sister's here." 

"How dare you." 

"No! How dare you!" Yuji snapped. "W-When I was in shibuya, Sukuna took over my body and he..he." Tears welled up in his eyes and he swallowed a sob. He looks away for a moment before looking directly at Kei. "He made me kill innocent people and when he was done, I awoke and saw the chaos he caused. I-I'm tired, Kei. I'm tired and full of guilt. I had to confess to Higurama about everything and I had to admit, it was my own fault. If I didn't eat the finger, none of this would happen! I thought I could do this but I just don't think I can." 

"Yuji, we can talk about this after we're out of here." Kei says and this annoys Yuji.

"You don't care, do you?" 

"I do! Fuck, Yuji, but now's not the time!"

For the first time, the two boys bickered and Megumi tried to tone their voices down. He intervened when Kei grabbed ahold of his shirt, shaking him like a madman. He was trying to calm down Yuji but Yuji resisted, pushing back Kei.