o n e

1. Welcome to the TVA

Light is flooding through the stain glassed windows and the wooden pews getting their golden glow

Light is flooding through the stain glassed windows and the wooden pews getting their golden glow. My eyes caught sunlight and I sunk deeper into the shadows. My father caught my movements. "Arabelle, you're not a vampire."

I nodded. "I know that. I'm just being cautious."

My father laughed. His smile caught in the golden light. I fell in step with my father, surveying the scene. Bodies laying out due to our time jumper. My father's posture slumped as he looked at the scene before him. His hands on his hips. My face hardened, my heart sunk as I looked over the bodies. I knelt down to one of them and closed their eyes.

"The hunter and his Minutemen responded to a routine nexus event. It appears that when they arrived, somebody got the jump on 'em" A hunter says to us.

My father looked up, "You think?" I rolled my eyes at her observation. Of course someone got the jump on them.

Hunter U-92 spoke up from behind us. "It's him."

I nod observing the body before me. "Yeah, stab wounds look consistent with the others." I turn my head to face my father and Hunter U-92.

"Agreed. The positioning of the bodies indicates they don't know what the hell hit 'em." My father finished for me.

My father and I are always on the same wavelength. He taught me everything I know. I am his equal. No more, no less. I look up to my father. I aspire to be like him. Command and be one hell of a detective.

I followed his eyes. "Their reset charge is gone too."

"That's the sixth attack this week." Hunter U-92 informs.

I rub my temples. "Believe me, we're aware."

"That we know of," my father was cut off my the shuffle and clink of the door handle being moved.

My eyes snap up to the door then to Hunter U-92 when he pulled out his weapon. "Hey! Put that away!"

My father rushed to his side and pushed him back. "Wait, stand down! Stand down."

"Arabelle, behind me." My father commanded softly. I obeyed and stood behind him.

"It's just a kid." He says to all of us. He steps down the stairs slowly, making his way to the kid. I follow him in a loose follow.

"I'm sorry, my friend is an imbecile." My father says in French.

"I speak every language on the timeline too. Jackass." Hunter U-92 says, offended and annoyed.

I scoff. "So, do I. But I don't openly try to attack a child. Also, watch what you say about my father."

"Arabelle, hush." My father chastises me. I close my mouth and watch as my father draws closer to the child. I hold my breath in anticipation.