Jerk

I woke up for school and stretched my body. I felt bad for hanging up on Jayden but at the same time I didn’t.  I got dressed quickly and ran out of the house, not saying goodbye to anyone. I made my way to school and saw Ariana standing with Laura. Laura was extremely tall and she had long curly brown hair and green eyes. It was annoying because both Ariana and Laura had the coolest eyes.

“Hey guys!” I chirped.

“Cammy! How are you? You seemed really out of it at the party,” Ariana said looking a bit worried.

“Sorry, I felt a bit sick before so that must’ve been why,” I lied.

“Aw well I hope feel better,” Ariana smiled and hugged me.

“Thanks.”

It was boring without Jayden, I’ll give you that. He makes things better in class with his funny facial expressions that he does when the teacher isn’t looking or his occasional weird sounds that only I can hear when he’s sitting next to me.

“You’re thinking about him aren’t you?” Ariana asked. I looked at her weirdly and shook my head. “Yes you are, I can tell.”

“How?” I asked curiously.

“You weren’t paying attention to anything and you were sighing. I do that when I think about Chris,” Ariana grinned. Shit, I didn’t sigh, did I?

“What? I didn’t sigh,” I defended myself.

“Yes you did. Come on Cammy, admit it, you like Jayden,” she smirked.

“No, I don’t,” I replied. She sighed.

“One day you’re going to tell me that you have feelings for Jayden but by then it’ll be too late because he’ll have a girlfriend already,” Ariana explained. I didn’t say anything. I thought about it. One day Jayden will get a girlfriend and she’ll be great with him. I don’t deserve Jayden. I don’t deserve him at all.

“Ariana,  even if I did like him, I don’t deserve him,” I replied.

“WHAT?” she shrieked. The whole class looked at us.

“Ariana, do you wish to share with the class what you’re talking about with Cammy?” Ms Byrne asked. I glared at Ariana.

“It’s okay Ms Byrne, we won’t talk,” she said and Ms Byrne nodded before going back to the blackboard that was filled with words.

“Omg Ariana,” I laughed a little.

“Sorry but how could you say that? You two are perfect for each other and all you say is that you’re not good enough for him? What is wrong with you?” she was shocked. I could tell.

“Well it’s true. He deserves someone better than just plain old me. He deserves someone who can make him laugh, smile and believe in himself. Someone who is beautiful on the inside and out and someone who won’t hurt him,” I rambled on. I had no idea what I was saying to be honest.

“Are you okay Cammy? Do you need to go to a mental hospital?” Ariana asked.

“Excuse me?”

“I am going to have a word with Jayden. Where is he anyways?” she asked. Oh god, what do I say?

“He is um… really sick at the moment,” I lied.

“Oh, right well after school I’m going to call him,” she said as the bell went. She quickly grabbed her books and left. Oops, Jayden is going to kill me.

*****

I got home and saw my mum packing.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked.

“We’re going on our honeymoon sweetie,” mum replied.

“Oh where are you going?” I asked.

“Colin said it was a surprise. On that note, why don’t you go talk to your new stepdad?” she asked. I rolled my eyes and walked out. I’ll just talk to him this one time. I knocked on his door and heard a ‘come in’. I walked in.

“Oh, it’s you,” he said. Oh okay.

“Yes it is,” I replied and leaned on the door, crossing my arms over my chest.

“What do you want?” he spat. He has some serious issues.

“Nothing, my mum just wanted me to say hi to you,” I said truthfully.

“Oh well if that’s all you wanted to say then get out!” he hissed.

“What is your problem?” I asked, ignoring his demand. He stopped packing and came over to me. I glared up at him.

“You are pathetic.”

“You don’t even know me,” I defended myself.

“I know you well enough that you can’t take care of your mother,” I flinched back and my glare stayed on my face.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I mean, you let her go to clubs and sleep with guys. I’ve seen your mother a lot of times at the club. She’s always leaving with some guy but I’ve stopped that,” he said.

“How? By proposing to her?” I asked.

“No, by loving her,” he said.

“So you’re saying that I don’t love my mum? Are you okay?” I asked, hurt.

“Yes and yes.”

“I’m pretty sure I love my mum more than you ever will,” I said, putting my hands on my hips. Before I knew it, I felt his hand come into contact with my cheek. Ouch much. “What the actual fuck? You have some serious problems!”

“Be grateful that I’m taking care of your mum,” he gritted through his teeth before grabbing his suitcase and walking out. I slid down on the door and pulled my knees up to my chest and cried. My mum was married to a shit hole jerk!

________________________________________________________

Helloooooo peeps! SHIT chapter but I had to put something up for you lovely readers. 

To all of you guys who want Cammy and Jayden together, you may or may not get your wish ;)

Oh and who is going to the X Factor Tour? Which one are you going to?