I. Last night. (MutexVigil)

Requested by ThomasBurgess782
12:34 AM.
Tuesday.
Pairing: Mark "Mute" Chander, Chul "Vigil" Kyung Hwa.
Chul is staying up late, about to work on paperwork, and Mark finds him working late too.

__________________

Chul's(vigil) p.o.v.

Gripping the cold, and metal handle to one of our offices here in the base, I opened the door quietly, and softly, attempting to prevent the door from groaning and creaking in the process. It let out a soft whisper from the hinges of the door, as I entered, closing the door gently behind me. Letting out a soft breath of air, I walked towards one of the desks in the building's room, and pulled the chair out. I was about to write a terrorist report from earlier today.

My teammates that day were Max Goose, Dominic Brunsmier and his 'friend'- Emphasize on the word friend- They acted like more, but whatever- That's not important, the thought crossed my mind, continuing.
And than, Mark Chander. Mark. He's pretty. I shook my head. Now wasn't the time to have thoughts like that.
But- he's so-

My thoughts were interrupted, and I was stirred up by the loud and obnoxious creaking of that door's old hinges. Ah. Speak of the devil.

"Mark?" I spoke up, quietly. He looked at me quickly after noticing me. "Ah- Chul.?" He responded, sounding a little shocked from me being there.
"Hey," I greeted softly, my voice a bit groggy from being up too late. "Why're you up so late," Mark asked. "Probably the same reason as you.. Work?" I answered him, his soft brown eyes looking away nervously. So cute..
"Y-.. Yeah. I've been working for uhm.. An hour or two already and was gonna grab something to eat.." I nodded, acknowledging his resonable response. I understand why he works late, it's the same reason as me. But for an hour or more is a bit much.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have interrupted you." I spoke softly. "What? No. It's fine, really.. What're you working on any way?" He quickly protested at first, than changed the subject fast. "Just that report for the attack earlier yesterday.." I answered, remembering how it was 12 AM. "Right.." he nodded, speaking quietly. "Do you- Need help maybe?" He asked quietly, taking small and quiet steps over. "I should be fine, it's nothing difficult or anything.." I answered, looking towards him. His light brown hair was a bit messy, singling how he's been here for a while with no sleep- and was wearing a baggy blue t-shirt, with black pyjama pants. Oh the joys of working late, hm?

"Ah- Okay. I wasn't sure if you were stuck on any thing," he spoke, "uhm, do you uh," he began speaking again, fidgeting with his hands, twidling his thumbs, struggling for words, "On the weekend, do you maybe.. Wanna go out to a- uhm.." he paused, shaking his head, "Nevermind." He turned and began walking out, "Mark-" he stopped and turned towards me, staring into my chocolate brown eyes.

"Yes," I said. "What?" He responded. "You asked me if I had wanted to go out, I assumed? I say yes." I answered, feeling my face warm up very slightly and softly. "Oh- I- uhm, are you- Are you sure?" He asked me nervously, twidling his thumbs again. "Yes," I smiled softly. "Ah- okay, okay-" he sounded slightly excited, which was new for him, I could tell. Usually, Mark was quiet and collected. He only lost his cool when it came to James, or, Smoke- James pushed everyone's buttons; intentional or not, he did so as he pleased. I've always been able to tell when Mark was happy or not, and this is one of those moments; his eyes lit up very slightly, his stood on his tippy-toes, than leaned onto his heels, ans fidgeted with his fingers, or the end of his shirt, or sleeve. He was excited and happy.

"Okay- Okay. Uhm-" he started, "I'm free this weekend? And the next?" He asked. I nodded, "I am free any time of the weekend." He nodded smiling softly. "Okay- I'm.. Getting food. Want anything?" You. "No, I'm fine." Nodding his head, Mark walked off down the hall, unseen from my line of vision.

The hell is wrong with me?-

Shaking my head, I continued to write information on my mission report. Than, after what felt like almost 30 minutes, the brunette returned with a raisin bar. "What.. What is that.." I asked, a little disturbed. "A food bar.?" He answered. "I know but- Why?" He shrugged.

He pulled a chair up to my desk, taking a broken Jammer, and began working on it as he ate his gross rasin food bar, as I finished my report.
I'm still not sure what gave me the idea, but I ended up with my large hand on his much smaller thigh, giving his a small and soft squeeze.

This must've suprised him, because he ended up gasping and flinching to where if I'm honest, if I wasnt as strong as I was, I would've been slammed onto this table.

He gave me an embarassed look, mixed with a pout-ish expression, but if I'm honest, it was a bit cute.

Chuckling, I patted his thigh, stroking it. He shook his head, continuing to work on his half-broken, jammer, which was near completion.
He moved his leg towards me a bit more, so I had more of a better acess to rubbing his side, which he must've not have minded- which is good for me. He's trusting me, and I've already trust him, but- Thats not the point.

__________

An hour or so had ended up passing.
How do I know? I woke up, leaning against Mark, and him leaning onto me.
Maybe it was more than an hour.

5:13 AM. read a nearby digital clock. Sighing, i lean up, holding Mark with an arm, so he wouldn't fall, and hurt his pretty face.
So pretty.
God, I love him.

________________________

Hey, thanks for reading this first chap. of my oneshots (: there will be more, different from the others. Hope you guys enjoy your day, and i'll be working on more requests from you all.
1

041 words <3

-Donut