After I wash the makeup off my face and brush my teeth, I walk to my bed and get in. I retrieve the book from my nightstand and I open it to the page I left off on. The words are all that I read and I start to think about them. I'd never allow anyone to find out the only books I read are romance. The genre is the only aspect of romance I'll allow myself to indulge in.

As the plot continues, my mind envisions the main male as Harry. It doesn't take me long before I throw the book across the room. The sound of it hitting the wall breaks the silence in the room and I turn off the beside lamp, ignoring every thought I just had about Harry.

When my alarms sounds, I get up and change into my yoga clothes to start my day. The relaxation I feel makes my mind escape from everything surrounding last night. All I know is today is a new day and I have a clean slate.

By the time I get to work, I'm one of the first ones at the station aside from the third shift officers. I get into my office and log into my computer, starting my day. My files are pulled up and I look through them for the name Alexander gave us yesterday.

Once I get Gabriel Torres' address, and I make note of it and look through my notes. My eyebrows furrow and I begin to think of a few potential leads. I pick up the phone and dial the Zetters' number, the phone ringing.

"Zetters," I hear a man, my hand holding a sheet of paper.

"Hi, Mr. Zetter. It's Lieutenant Nicks from the Manhattan Police Department," I begin, clicking my pen.

"Nice to speak to you again. What can I do for you?" he asks, and I find the sheet with my question.

"It's fairly simple. I was curious if you could give me the name of the lawn service you use," I wonder, my eyes pinpointing the name of the company Alexander works for.

"We've been using American Lawn Company since we moved in years ago," he explains to me, matching the company Alexander and Gabriel work for.

"Thank you so much. I'll get back to you soon if I have any other questions," I respond, and he tells me any time. I hang up the phone and circle the name, knowing I now have a connection between the two men and the crime scene.

Harry walks into my office and I stand. "I have the address. Would you like to join?" I ask, and he looks me in the eyes.

"Absolutely," he replies, and the two of us make our way to the squad car. I look through my file and write down a few questions as he drives to the address.

Harry knocks on the door and I grab my badge, waiting for the door to open. When it does, a short man with dark black hair stands before us.

"Mr. Torres?" Harry asks, and he nods.

"I'm Detective Styles and this is Lieutenant Nicks. We're currently investigating a homicide case and we'd like to ask you a few questions," Harry states, and Gabriel seems taken aback at our question.

"Sure, sure," he says, an accent heard in his voice.

He invites us in and we walk into the kitchen, Gabriel inviting us to take a seat.

"We came here because your name has been mentioned in a prior interview. We'd just like to ask a few questions about last week," I tell him, and he nods. "For records, we do need to record our questioning.

He doesn't seem nearly as defensive as when Alexander reacted at his questioning. It shows promise, but at the same time, we need to make sure we don't rule him out of the case as a potential suspect. He allows us to record without hesitation.

"Can you explain to us your relation with Alexander Cross?" I start, taking out my notepad.

"He used to work with me at American Lawn Company. He transferred to the Rochester location. Ran out of money," he explains, and Harry looks at him.

"He visited you last week, we understand?" Harry asks, and he nods.

"Yeah, he was here..." he thinks, "Tuesday to Sunday."

I write down the first thought that comes to mind. Alexander explained to us he was only here until Thursday. Our timelines between the two aren't matching, and I grow skeptical immediately.

"Can you tell us what you two did while he visited?" I ask, and he folds his hands on the table.

"We mainly hung out and caught up. He visited his girlfriend Wednesday, I believe. We hung out with a few buddies that night when he got back," Gabriel tells us.

"Can you explain your work for us?" Harry asks, and I blink before I look up at Gabriel. I'm not sure what Harry means by the question, but I'm intrigued where he's taking this.

"I work in fertilization. Alexander used to do heavy lifting and digging. He worked mostly in stump removal," he tells me, and I find myself writing down each of the things he's explaining.

"Had you and Alexander worked on many clients' land together, prior to his transfer?" I ask, and Gabriel nods.

"We worked together quite a bit. The two of us were partners a lot of the time," he explains, and I take a look around the room. A certain photo catches my eye on his refrigerator.

"Do you have a relative in the service?" I ask, his body standing up to retrieve the photo. I obtain it and look at it, observing the two men in the picture.

"My brother works as a prison guard at the penitentiary. It was his first day on the job in that picture," Gabriel informs me, and I set the picture down. My link to the potassium chloride could be Gabriel, but it would be against the law for his brother to retrieve the drug for his brother. Perhaps his brother could have been an inside person working with them.

"Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Gabriel asks, and I look over at Harry.

"I just have one question," Harry says, Gabriel nodding. This man seems more than willing to speak with us.

"Had you ever met Alexander's girlfriend?" Harry questions, and Gabriel shoots it down immediately.

"No, no. Whenever I ask, or anyone asks, Alexander changes the subject to something else. Tells us we don't need to concern us with her. He's very protective," he informs us, and I nod my head.

"Thank you for your time today, Mr. Torres," I say, packing up my things. Gabriel shows us out and I walk with Harry back to the car. Now I need to write everything out and figure out my next plan of attack.