Hiraeth's Account I: The Line That Divides Us

Magsimula sa umpisa

Keiko's ears drooped and she jumped towards me. She landed on a twig that quickly broke. Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako dahil siguradong alam na ng babaeng may nagtatago dito.

Sinulyapan ko siya. I think... it'd be better if I show myself.

Steps silent, I walked closer until I stood in front of her. Unti-unting umangat ang tingin niya hanggang sa magtama ang mata namin. I realized my appreciation could only grow from our close proximity. Her long, white lashes is further accentuating the color of her eyes.

She took a step back and I gained the courage to speak.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, voice a bit low because it's been long since I've talked to a person.

Umatras ulit siya kaya tumalim ang mata ko. Why does she look so afraid? Is it because of me?

I studied her clothes. It's been bugging me for a while now, but they don't look like the sort of clothes I usually see on stores.

"How did you get inside the forest?" I asked again, curious how she was able to enter a guarded forest.

"I..." she hesitated. "Woke up here."

Wake up here? How is such a thing possible when the forest does not entertain humans?

"Hm." I gave her one last look before turning. She's lying. "Get out."

Aalis na sana ako nang marinig ang boses niya. "I don't know how."

I frowned. Is she really keeping up her act? Alam ko namang nagsisinungaling lang siya na dito siya nagising. It's unbelievable, after all. She must have broken one of the forest's magic wall to enter. Kaya bakit niya sasabihin sa'kin na 'di siya marunong ng daan palabas?

Napalingon ako sa kaniya. "What?"

"I don't know how to get out of here."

Then, I remembered her earlier behavior. She really looked annoyed and she keeps on muttering something under her breath. Siguro ay nakalimutan niya na ang daan palabas dahil naliligaw siya?

Is she actually bad with directions? Pft. "That's awfully cute." I murmured to myself.

Napasulyap ako sa babae at nagulat ako nang makitang nakatitig siya sa'kin. Curiousity was present in her eyes, as well as the unending spark of irritation. I sighed, almost fondly if I could say so, and took one of the transportation cards behind me.

Inihagis ko papunta sa kaniya ang baraha. It landed on her feet and automatically caged her in a blue box, a transparent shield that is the same height and size as her. Lumapit ako sa kaniya at yumuko para magtama ang mata namin. Confusion now appeared beside frustration.

I like how her eyes conveys every feeling she's experiencing. It's like I was given the privilege to stare at the window of her soul.

"Until we meet again, lost elf." I promised.

Her mouth opened up to respond but the transportation card already activated. Natagpuan ko muli ang sarili na nag-iisang nakatayo sa harap ng gubat. A chuckle left my lips as I remembered her reactions, the way her body instinctively moved, and how she encountered a problem in the first place.