I put my hands up in surrender, trying to keep my voice steady, but I'm so overcome with emotion that it comes out strained. "We aren't here to harm you, we're here to talk. Where is your leader?"

"Who's asking?" One of the Mandalorians asks. They take of their helmet, revealing a face I recognize instantly.

"Bo Katan Kryze," I breathe in disbelief. "Sister of Duchess Satine Kryze. I thought you were dead."

"Not yet," Bo Katan replies, her eyebrows creasing as she takes a step forward, confusion and then suddenly clarity filling her gaze. "You must be the daughter of Sitara Rieka and Kalon Quinn. You're the spitting image of your mother."

I feel my stomach churn at the mention of my parents, but I nod. "Yes, my name is Aylin Quinn. I'm guessing you knew my parents well given that you were all apart of Death Watch."

Genuine shame seeps into her features. "Yes, I worked with both of them several times. I was sorry to hear of their deaths. I hadn't been on Mandalore at the time of Death Watch's plan to overthrow my sister. Pre Vizsla had sent me on a mission off world, he knew I wouldn't go along with the plan with my sister in danger. I only returned after the Republic and Separatists were fighting for control of the planet, and by then Vizsla, my sister, and your parents had been killed."

"And after you saw the destruction your group caused you had a change of heart?" My voice sounds bitter and cold to my own ears.

"Yes, and everyday since then I have fought to free Mandalore from those who wish to harm it. I'm guessing that's why you're here too."

Swallowing my anger, I gesture to my companions. "This is Queen Iris Amidala of Naboo and King Jayce Kenobi Daulton of Taris. We are here because we want your help in freeing Mandalore."

Bo Katan bows her head to both Iris and Jay, saying to the latter: "Congratulations on your coronation, your majesty. It's been the talk of the galaxy lately."

Jay nods his head back to her. "Perhaps we could discuss an alliance somewhere inside, and without blasters being pointed at our heads?"

Bo Katan nods to her soldiers and they lower their weapons. With a gesture of her hand, she urges us to follow her, and after a brief moment of hesitant glances between ourselves, we do. She leads us to one of the tents, where a map of the capital city of Mandalore is being projected on a large table. There's a person staring at the map, deep in thought. They glances at us though as we enter, casting a skeptical look at Bo Katan.

They don't ask who we are though, they just wait for Bo Katan to explain, which she does once she reaches them, placing a hand on their shoulder. "This is Raymen Shreya, he's my second in command, and one of the smartest people you'll ever meet, though he's not much of a talker."

Raymen nods curtly to us, indeed saying nothing. Bo Katan continues: "This is Aylin Quinn, Queen Iris Amidala, and King Jayce Kenobi Daulton. They're here to help us win back Mandalore. How about you tell them what you've just learned?"

Raymen is pretty tall, has white skin, bright blue eyes, curly brown hair, a shortly cut beard, and is objectively a very attractive man. He's young too, probably around my age, or maybe a little older. But there's something about the way he carries himself that makes him seem older, more hardened, more intimidating. No wonder Bo Katan made him her second.

He finally speaks, and his voice is very firm, showing very little emotion. "Moff Gideon has been off world since the Emperor's death, and we have been attempting to track his location since then, with little luck. But an hour ago one of our contacts on Mandalore informed us they heard two Imperial officers discussing the nature around Gideon's disappearance. They said he's trying to track down an important item that will ensure the Empire's survival."

Disgust rises in me. Moff Gideon is the man the Emperor chose to run Mandalore once the Empire had taken over, and he's just as cruel and tyrannical as Elon and Elias Warren were to Taris. He's the reason my people have suffered as harshly and as long as they have. He's stripped Mandalorians of our freedom, our culture, our property, all while traipsing around with the oldest weapon in Mandalorian history as if it were his own.

"Do you know what item he's referring to?" Jay asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

Raymen shakes his head once. "No, but we are putting together a team to search for Gideon. That search would go a lot quicker, your majesty, if you joined. You are force sensitive, and to my knowledge, that means you have the ability to sense people's locations and discover their identities."

Jay seems shocked he knows that, and quite frankly so am I. "Yes, but the entire galaxy is a big range to cover, especially since the dark side tends to cloud a Jedi's vision. But nonetheless, I will aid you in your search for Gideon. At least for a little while, I do have a kingdom to run."

"I will search for him as well," I add. "If we ever hope to free Mandalore, finding Gideon and capturing him is a priority. With him out of the way, the Empire's grip on the planet will begin to loosen."

"Which is why we need a bigger army," Iris continues, placing her hand on my lower back. "When you find Gideon, we will need to hit Mandalore with everything we've got. The others and I will continue to grow the Taris army as well as look for people willing to help."

"And once Mandalore is free at last, I will take my place as duchess." Bo Katan finishes.

I immediately protest. "You are part of the reason Mandalore is in the state it is, what gives you the right—"

"I made many mistakes in my past, but I have learned from them, and I try to make amends for them everyday," I hate how genuine she sounds, how clearly guilt ridden and sincere she looks. "Mandalore needs to be ruled by one of the noble clans. I am the last living member of Clan Kryze, sister to the late duchess, and I believe that I can bring Mandalore back to the prosperity it experienced under my sister's rule."

Ironic that she dedicated her life to destroying that prosperity. But as much as I hate to admit it, she's being genuine. I can tell she wants to make Mandalore better, that she's learned from her past mistakes, and I know better than anyone that people have the capacity to change. Right now we don't have enough of an army to take back Mandalore, and without her help, and the help of the Mandalorians who follow her, we have no hope of succeeding.

I push away my anger towards Death Watch, my resentment of her part in it, and nod. "Fine."

Bo Katan, with a grin appearing on her lips, extends her hand out. Not towards Jay, not towards Iris, but towards me. "We have an accord then?"

After a brief look exchanged with my girlfriend, who gives me a nod of encouragement, I take Bo Katan Kryze hand and shake it firmly.