We both took off fast as lighting. We were out of the parking garage in less than a second. The only thing I could see now, was the city lights in a blur. And the only thing I could feel was the wind against my skin and the adrenaline pumping trough my veins. If there was one thing this man knew how to do, it was how to give me crazy adrenaline rushes. He made me feel alive again. I felt a connection between us that I had felt ever since the first time I saw him at the boxing match. The sparks when our eyes met, the electricity when we touch.

And even now, while racing down the dark streets of Sicily insanely fast, whilst everything else was a blur of cars, lights and roads, the sparks were still clear as daylight. I turned my head to look at him. He looked back at me and in that moment it felt like everything disappeared, the only thing that mattered was us. I had always loved speed, but this was something else, something more. He helped me forget. All my doubts and worries dissapeared when I was with him.

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would race the person who killed my father trough the streets of Sicily while thinking about how I felt connected to him and how our souls felt like they knew eachother, I would have laughed in their face. But there I was, racing my enemy (who didn't feel like one anymore), and feeling more alive than ever.

Looking down at my display I saw that I had hit over 100 mph. The more speed the better I thought as I pushed my bike to 105 and then to 110. I wanted to win so bad.

Suddenly, the sky opend up and rain started pouring down. Fuck.me. I remembered how it had started to rain like that the year before. The rain came unexpected and in heavy downfalls this time aswell. Maybe that was a common thing for Sicily? It was impossible to race in such weather. Rainy weather combined with high speed was the most common cause of car and bike crashes on the roads. Yes I wanted to race but I didn't want to die just yet.

A month ago I would've continued, then, I didn't really care if I lived or died, but it was different now. Something had changed. I looked over at Maxence and saw that he already was looking at me. It seemed like he was sharing my thoughts of not wanting to die, because he gave me a nod and slowed down to stop at the side of the road. I stopped right next to him. I took off my helmet and looked around to see where we were. I realized I had no idea. It was an expensive ass looking neighborhood with huge mansions. Every house looked like it was trying to be even bigger and look even more expensive than the neighbour. I looked over at Maxence hoping he knew where we were and how to get back.

He had just taken off his helmet and his hair was already soakig wet. I tried to ignore how good he looked with wet hair but it was hard. "So what do we do?" I asked, scared that he would read my look again and understand how handsome I found him. I had never had to be scared of anyone reading my body language or understanding my «looks» until I met Maxence.

He looked almost a little shy as he answered my question, his eyes flickering and not wanting to meet mine. I quickly understod why. Out of all the things I could've guessed Maxence would say at that moment: "My house is just up the road. It's easier to drive up there than all the way back to the restaurant. You could stay until the weather gets better. It's too dangerous for you to drive home right now" was not one of them.

He spoke insanely fast, almost like he was trying to get the nice words off his tounge as quickly as possible. I almost laughed but judging on how much it probably took for him to say that I decided to not embarras him. He was being really sweet and I almost felt warm through the icing cold raindrops that were puring down onto us. I was only wearing my little black dress so I was literalky freezing, and he was right, it was too scary to drive home.