in my head - sapnap

"Could I get either a Royal AU x Reader or a Soulmate AU x Reader? The storyline is completely up to you but those are like my favorite"

Requested by T_rex0218

The day starts off like any other. You reluctantly open your eyes and stretch your arms and legs out as far as they could go, wincing in pain as one of your calves clenched painfully. You let it subside by itself, gritting your teeth and mumbling a continuous "ow ow ow ow" as it did so.

After all that bother you slip from under your covers, standing up and yawning. 'Time to be a functioning member of society. Again,' you think to yourself, your internal voice being that of a man's with a sarcastic lilt to his voice.

See, the world you were born into was ordinary, except your internal voice took on the form of your soulmate's. It was certainly a big thing for everyone; young children being told tales by their seniors and how they met their soulmate, how growing up the voice inside your head just becomes so normal that living with your soulmate comes with no anxiety or fear, because it feels like they've been with you your entire life. And they have, in a way.

But before hopping into your car and heading to work for the day, you still had some time to spare. You walk to the kitchen and open up your fridge, hoping you had something to bring when you were allowed a break, but there was nothing. 'Hm. I suppose I could run to the convenience store before work. Didn't they have banana milk last time I was there?'

Mind made up, you make sure you have enough cash on you before throwing on some worn-clothes, uncaring if anyone saw you in the grey sweatpants and black over-sized shirt you wore for the past 2 days. You'd change into something more appropriate once you were done at the store.

You walk down the street and duck into the doorway of the shop, greeting the old man behind the counter with a polite wave. He waves back, happy to have a customer, as the aisles were empty.

You stroll down the candy aisle and pick up a small box of biscuits, before heading toward the refrigerator and opening it, grabbing your favourite type of sandwiches. The sandwiches were always handmade by the old man who ran the store, and since you were one of his best customers, he'd oftentimes make sure to make your favourite.

It was time to choose a drink, and you crouched to take a look at the selection. Truth be told you were already set on the banana milk you had seen, but it was proving to be tough to find.

"You should try the carbonated melon milk. It's good," chimes your internal voice, and you sit there, perplexed. You didn't even know what carbonated melon milk was, how the hell did you think of it?

Suddenly a hand comes into view, holding a green can that looked not unlike a soda. "Here, you should take it and try it!"

It becomes increasingly obvious to you that it wasn't you thinking this, if the disembodied hand was anything to go by. You turned, following the hand's arm up to the shoulder, and eventually to the face. There stood a man with some stubble, and dark brown hair, sporting the most striking pair of green eyes you'd seen on a person. When he opened his mouth, it was as if you were imagining things. "Hello?" He says, his smile suddenly dropping, "You're not, like, having a heart attack or something right?"

"N-no, I'm fine, thank you," you stand up, finding the shocked look on his face funny and endearing. He looked like he was trying to figure out if what he had just heard was real or not.

Eventually the corner of his lip twitched upward, "What the fuck."

"That's what I was thinking!" You grinned, the first genuine smile you've had in a while.

Nervously chuckling, he rubs the nape of his neck, "Would it be too forward if I... asked for your number...? It is, isn't it? It's just that you're really cute and shit, and we're literally destined to be together and- and we could have a pizza date-"

"I would like that," you smile softly, cutting him off. "I would really like that."