FOUR

I throw my keys on the kitchen counter and rushed towards my L shaped couch. I sigh and face plant on the sofa. I flip over and sigh in content.

"Home, oh how I missed you." I say to myself.

Thank God it's Friday, I get to sleep in and binge watch all of my favorite movies/series all weekend. I sit up and walk towards my bedroom to change into sweats. These are the times where I really do appreciate living alone in my apartment. Some people may not enjoy it but I personally enjoy the silence.

I go back to the living room, smiling to myself, wearing a white tank top and a sweats I jump back on the sofa and grab the tv remote. I turn on the tv and smirk, this is going to be an eventful night.

As I was watching Hello Love Goodbye my phone dings, notifying me that I received a text message. I grab my phone and see that Belle sent me a picture. I open it and my heart instantly drop at the image she sent me. They were unintentionally breaking me every single day. While Belle was giving the camera a wink and showing off her beautiful cute smile that I truly adore, Miah had his arm around her shoulders kissing her cheeks.

📨 📨 📨

Belle: Missing you. 😘

📨 📨 📨

'No, you don't', I thought to myself.

I decided to reply knowing Belle would just call and lecture me for not replying again.

📨 📨 📨

Me: Glad you guys are having fun! 😊

📨 📨 📨

I throw my phone to the side and groan. This is absolutely draining. Deciding to take a nap, I lie down on my side and close my eyes. Just a short nap.

'Short nap my ass.'

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I slowly open my eyes when I hear the sound of someone knocking on my door. I stretch my limbs and groan, who decided to interrupt my slumber? I close my eyes again hoping that whoever is knocking on my door will go away and leave me be. As I feel myself slowly dozing off again I hear the person knock on my door but louder this time. I groan loudly and sit up. I rub my face and look at the time and my eyes widen. it's already 8pm? I slept for that long?

* KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK *

"Coming!" I yell out.

I angrily stomp my way towards my door and look through the peep hole . I feel my whole body stiffen when I see Belle on the other side of my door.

'What is she doing here?'.

I unlock my door and reach for my doorknob but stop, I pull my hand away and smoothen out my hair and clothes. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to calm down my racing heart.

"You got this." I whisper to myself.

I unlock my door and slowly open it. Belle looks at me and smiles.

"Hi." Opening the door wider, I smile back and lean against the door frame, crossing my arms.

I look her up and down, scanning her outfit. She has her hair up in a ponytail, and she's wearing a black sweats, with an oversize black hoodie. Probably Miah, I sadly thought to myself.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I ask.

I look down to see that she was holding a bag of my take out favorite food.

"Well, I wanted to hang out with you." I look at her surprised and smile, feeling my heart melt.

"And I had a feeling, you didn't eat yet?" she smirks at me knowingly.

As she says that my stomach decides to growl causing me to blush from embarrassment. She laughs and walk past me to go inside. I chuckle to myself and close the door behind me. She enters the kitchen and places the food on the counter. I watch her go through the cabinets, grabbing the plates and utensils.

"Let me guess, you fell asleep watching Hello Love Goodbye again, right?" She asks.

I lean against the counter across from her and laugh,

"Yes, and I regret nothing." She shakes her head and giggle.

I rest my elbow on the counter and place my chin on my hand as I watch her set the table for us. I smile to myself, thinking that these are the moments I truly cherish. Ever since she started dating Miah it became too difficult to make time for us. It was always 'Miah this..' 'Miah that..'. Don't get me wrong I absolutely okay with Miah, he's like a brother I never had, but, seeing them together destroys me in a ways you can't even imagine. It was truly painful, beyond words. But I have to accept and embrace it gradually. If she's happy then I should be happy as well, right? I shake my head and frown slightly. But will I ever accept it? Will I ever be able to escape this pain that is slowly destroying my very existence? I was soon brought back into reality when my heart begins to pick up a sweet voice calling my name.

"Hello? Earth to Donny." I hear Belle say.

"W-what?" I ask,

"You okay?" I hear her ask.

I look at her and see that she was in front of my fridge, observing me. I stand up straight and cough a little,

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

She looks at me suspiciously,

"I was asking you if you want soda or beer."

"Oh! Uh, soda please." I said after clearing my throat.

She turns around and grabs two sodas. She close the fridge and walk towards me handling the soda. I grab it from her and mumble out a 'thanks'. I walk around the counter ignoring her curious stare.

"You sure you're okay?" She asks.

I turn to look at her and grin, she was staring at me like a confused puppy, with her head tilted to the side.

'Cute',

"Yup." I walk past her to the table.

"I'm just hungry, that's all." I sit down and start to grab some food.

I glance towards her and see her struggling to believe me. I roll my eyes playfully,

"I'm fine, really, come on! Let's eat! I'm starving!" I excitedly say.

She chuckles and joins me at the table. I look up at her and smile seeing her still lost in thought. Deciding to lighten up the mood, I reach over and pinch her cheeks. She jumps in surprise and pushes my hand away.

"Asshole." She muttered while rubbing the spot that I pinched.

I lean back and laugh, causing her to smile wide and shove me playfully. The room feels light.

I don't think I want the night to end.

-
-
-
-

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.