Chapter 45: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Unless you like playing the damsel in distress" She said with a wink. Kakashi rolled his eye and I glanced away when he put an arm around her shoulders.

"It's good to see you" I noticed Rin smile slightly, a smile that faded when she saw Hidan and Kakzuzu.

"A little help Uchiha, I'm kind of stuck here!" Hidan shouted at her. Rin stepped from under Kakashi's arm and undid the clasp on her cloak.

"I'm not here to help you" She said firmly and let the cloak drop to the ground.

"I'm here to end you. I mean two Akatsuki members especially you two would be quite the bounty. I'm sure you understand Kakuzu" She replied and Kakuzu glared at her.

"C'mon you little Bitch! You owe me one for lying to Leader about helping your friends here!"

"Thanks for that Hidan but Leader will never find out because neither of you will be surviving this battle." She shot back.

"And with you two gone Leader will want to be on good terms with me or he loses another Akatuski member which he won't be able to afford" She explained with a shrug. She drew a line in the dirt with her foot before moving into a fighting stance.

"So are we done with the games or are you finally going to get serious?" She asked. Kakuzu seemed to lurch forward, his back rippling.

"You asked for it"

Kakashi

I was relieved to see Rin. That had been a close call and as usual, she was there in the nick of time. I noticed her step back her arm reach out in front of me. I touched her forearm and she glanced at me, her eyes burning red.

"What's going on?" I asked and she looked back at Kakuzu as three creatures erupted from his back.

"His abilities revolve around a forbidden jutsu, Earth Grudge Fear. It grants him immortality by taking the organs of his opponents. Those masks are hearts, they each associate with a chakra element. The one that collapsed is the one you struck" She explained.

"So we need to destroy the others"

"Exactly but it won't be that easy" She replied.

"We took on Zabuza together and Deidara" I reminded.

"Hidan, just stay back I've got this"

"No way, I want in on this action besides the Uchiha brat and Copy ninja could be a fun challenge," Hidan argued.

"Do what you want with the brat but I want her heart in once piece" Kakuzu warned and I heard Rin laugh.

"Go ahead! The dark chakra would destroy you from the inside out!" Rin shouted at him. She backed up a little more her eyes not leaving them.

"Don't let Hidan get your blood" She said quickly.

"I know"

"Get ready" She replied and I noticed her shift from foot to foot.

"Move now!" She shouted and turned. I set down a hand and boosted her up moving into a backflip just avoiding Hidan's scythe as Rin landed slamming it to the ground. She turned, Hidan caught her foot with his other hand and I moved forward catching Rin's arm just as one of Kakuzu's creatures shot for her. I blocked Hidan's scythe with my Kunai and moved high into the trees. I caught a glimpse of Rin as she dodged one of Kakuzu's creatures and followed me up. She darted forward and flipped over Hidan.

"Stay close!" She shouted catching my hand and putting it on her waist. I gripped her belt noticing her hand signs.

"Wind Release..." I heard Kakuzu's voice just as I landed with Rin.

"Fire Style: Great blaze ball!" When Rin exhaled fire followed, the heat was intense as the wind fed the flames and an explosion rocked the battlefield. I had to take a minute before I looked up. We stood in the middle of a giant crater, flames covered the trees. Rin sighed as she stood straight and I let go of her belt. She cursed as she looked around.

"I missed" She said obviously annoyed.

"That was some jutsu"

"Fire is the Uchiha's speciality" She replied looking around.

"Fire, Wind, Water and Lightning are what he has left. We don't have strong enough wind jutsu to overtake his lightning..."

"But we are both lightning users" I replied and she nodded.

"That'll just rival it not overtake it, we need something more."

"Your dark chakra" I replied.

"What?"

"Look theoretically if you feed enough dark chakra into a jutsu it should over take the opposing threat, you know to destroy the light in lightning."

"I can't feed dark chakra and balance my Chidori, that'll take training that we don't exactly have time for right now" She argued.

"I'll use the chidori, you do the rest."

"Kakashi, we don't know what will happen. It..."

"We don't have time; Hidan and Kakuzu are probably closing in on the others." I reminded and she sighed.

"I could kill you; dark chakra isn't something to play with." I released a slow breath and noticed her tense when I took her hand.

"I trust you" I said firmly.

"And if any two people could pull this off, we can" I said confidently. Rin still seemed hesitant until she smirked and nodded.

"Let's do it" 

Shikamaru

The wind had thrown us back but it was in the nick of time before flames overtook the battle field. I wasn't sure what happened to Rin and Kakashi during that but I could safely assume the fire jutsu had come from one of them. Now it was Choji and I facing Kakuzu. I pulled a scroll as one of Kakuzu's creatures stepped forward, lightning sparking from the mask.

"Get ready Choji, we're next" I warned and he nodded.

"Lightning release, false darkness!" I opened the scroll and knew I had opened it seconds too late as the lightning flickered towards us. I stumbled back when Kakashi landed in front of me reaching out for the lightning.

"Rin!" He shouted and on cue Rin landed behind him and slammed her hands against his back. I saw it then, the dark chakra around her arms that she fed into Kakashi.

"Rin no..."

"Shut it, I need to focus!" She shouted back and I was silent. The lightning around Kakashi's hands darkened but it didn't fade; it only seemed to grow as it reached out wrapping around the lightning from the creature. I looked away shielding my eyes from the blast as it collided with the creature. I thought they had gotten it but the only effect was the black burn marks on the mask. At least they had weakened it.

"How the hell did he use dark chakra!?" Hidan shouted. I heard Rin laugh as she stood a little straighter.

"It worked" She breathed.

"Good call Kakashi" I glanced past her at Kakashi. He seemed strangely still, the dark chakra crawling down his back.

"Kakashi?" She questioned reaching for him again. Rin touched his back and the dark chakra reached for her. She seemed to freeze in place as dark chakra began to seep off her skin.

"Rin?" I questioned and I noticed her head twitch. She looked up and I stepped back when I met her completely black eyes.

"Rin will be a minute"