Chapter 35 - Peace and Parents

Start from the beginning

I froze when I heard the door open, looking up to watch as my mate walked in with a smile on his face and carrying a large black suitcase. His eyes met my own, and his smile widened. He dropped the bag off to the side and walked up to me, grabbing my face and kissing my forehead. 

"It'll be alright. They're ecstatic," He whispered, releasing my face and stepping to my side, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I folded my hands together in front of me, my breath catching in my throat as his parents stepped into the house.

"You could have waited for a second, Matias," A deep voice laughed out, as his father stepped through the doorway. He was a very tall man, muscular despite his age, and his skin was a darker bronze shade. Werewolves did age slower though, so it made sense. His hair was a salt and pepper color, but still mostly dark, and shaved close to his head. His dark eyes, darker than Matias's, met mine and he smiled. His smile was pristine and white, a perfect smile for an Alpha. It was friendly though, not intimidating or anything. It was welcoming. 

I heard the squeal before I registered that I was being hugged. A woman, who was taller than me by only a few inches, was squeezing me. All I could see was her dark waves of brown hair in my frozen state. I heard Matias laughing as he placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, who immediately pulled away. Her hands came up to my own shoulders though, squeezing them as she examined me. 

She was also a beautiful woman. Smile lines on her face showed her aging, but other than that a perfect complexion. Her eyes were the same amber shade as Sam's and seemed to glow as she looked over me. She was muscular too, but in a more lean way, not bulky. Her skin was also a bronze color, but lighter than her husband's. She laughed, revealing her own perfectly white and straight teeth, before pulling me into a deathly tight hug.

"Oh, it's so amazing to meet you!" She squealed, not releasing me from her hug. I was still frozen, unable to say anything or move. I heard a deep chuckle before she was pulled away from me by her husband. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding her to him and away from me. Matias smiled, wrapping his arm around me again, pulling me into his side. I blinked, then looked up at him. He smiled at me, pressing a kiss to my forehead, before gesturing to his parents.

"This is my dad, Anthony," His dad smiled at me, nodding, "And this is my mom, Emilia." Emilia's face lit up, offering me the biggest smile I think I've ever seen. My heart warmed a little bit, not used to the...the...motherly...look. 

"It is so amazing to meet you, darling. I wish it could have been done sooner!" She exclaimed, breaking free of Anthony's hold and rushing forward to hug me again. I let her, and I gladly let the small smile fall spread across my face. My own arms gently came up to wrap around her, and she hugged me tighter. After a few seconds, she pulled back, holding me at arm's length again. Her eyes were shining, her smile still as wide and bright as before. I heard Matias chuckle, and I looked over at him, a small smile still displayed on my face. He pulled me away from his mom, and Anthony pulled his own mate into his arms. 

"How about we go sit down, get to know each other better?" Anthony suggested, gesturing to the couches off to our side. We all nodded, walking over and sitting on the couches across from each other. Matias and I together, Anthony and Emilia together. Matias wrapped one of his arms around m shoulders, pulling me closer to his side. Emilia was practically bouncing in her seat, her hands clasped tightly together. 

"So, Daemon, how is everything going?" Emilia started the conversation, eagerly awaiting my answer. I smiled.

"Everything is going alright," and the conversation seemed to flow naturally from there. Emilia asked questions, I responded, sometimes our mates would cut in, and we would all laugh. It was a good time.

I don't know what I was even scared of. 

Alright, my peoples, I have come to a conclusion. 

So, what is going to happen is that this book is going to become longer. Not too long, less than 90/80 chapters hopefully. 

There is a very likely possibility that it will become a "series", though. There will probably be a book about Sam's hunt for her mate, and maybe even Jamie's. I don't quite know yet, but I want to make a second book. It won't be dependant on this book though, more of a "spin-off" in sorts. 

It will probably be written whilst I re-write this one, BUT, I won't be posting like I am right now (Maybe I will, idk, I'm indecisive.) I will probably write the second or third books completely before uploading them. 

THANK YOU ALL SOOOO FREAKINGGGGGG MUCHHHHHH FOR READING!!!!

Love you all lots. <3