"i'm trying to move on." i said truthfully. "i really am."

"i'm not judging the fact you still have something for this man, that's where your heart is Manny. listen to it." she pulled me into a hug.

"i don't want to backtrack, what if he let me down again, it's different this time around. i have Jcsiah to be strong for now. what's i look like falling for the same stuff, i'm a mom now."

"you scared to fall inlove?" he said rocking me slowly.

"i'm scared of being the only one who falls in love." i said lowly. "but it's him, so i'll try"

"don't stop loving cause you been hurt, you gotta keep on. love will find you eventually." she kissed my forehead.

"thank you." i said more in a mumble.

"i didn't expect you to be over him either, even after everything that happened. y'all both hurt one another believe it or not, now here comes the healing process"

i really thought i was over Von too.

"so about what i really wanted to talk to you about." she said making me snap out of my thoughts.

"oh yeah, what's going on?" i asked and a comfortable silence fell between us.

"3 months"

"three m- what that mean?" i adored sitting up looking at her seeing her still smiling.

"that's how long the doctor gave me" she said making my eyes widen.

i can hear my heart breaking, this ain't right, this ain't real.

"don't cry manny." she said seeing the look on my face. "be strong baby"

"what's wrong? you don't even look sick" i blinked tears away.

i want to break down so bad, it's killing me.

"i feel wonderful" she smiled.
"cancer is back" she said making me drop my head as my heart started beating fast. "and it's worse this time"

my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago, i was 7 at the time. she did chemotherapy and beat it, but it's back now.

"we can beat this, we can do chemo, or surgery, there's a lot of different options- but we can do this ma-"

"Manny i'm tired, i'm 78 years and i'm tired baby."she caressed my hand."

"what am i supposed to do when your gone grandma-"

"your grown now Manny. you've grown to be a strong woman because a strong woman raised you." she said looking me in the eyes.
"i lived a long fulfilling life, use everything u taught you in this life and everything's going to be alright."

"te quiero, abuela"

~~~~~~

"my baby just had my baby, hell yeah i'm happy

"my baby just had my baby, hell yeah i'm happy." i walked in on Von telling his brother.

"y'all talking about me?" i asked joining them.

"ain't nobody talkin bout cho ass girl." he scoffed standing up.

"where's my baby?" i rolled my eyes at him looking around.

"he right there with Sky and Summer"he said pointing over to the couch where his sister were making me nod.

"why you look like dat." he asked lowly looking me in the eyes scrunching his face up some.

"damn Dayvon i wasn't planning on entering a beauty pageant today-" i said making him laugh.

"i mean, it look like you been crying a sum shit." he said.

"no, i'm just tired." i lied looking away.

"see dis why we broke up, you always lien an shit." he said making me laugh.

"noo, we broke up because you cheated on me with my cousin, and then you called me her name." i corrected him.

"you always bringing up old shit. come talk to me tho ma." he said grabbing my hand.
"i know something wrong"

________
~ 𝐦𝐲𝐚𝐚💘✍🏼