ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Start from the beginning

I stop dead in my tracks when I feel a deadly presence enter Purgatory. No, not one. Two.

"Lenora!" The second eldest Royal Demon child jerks in her spot. "Oriana!" The eldest Royal Demon child spits out her drink. "Just what the hell do you think you're doing here?"

I smile nervously as the Demon King and the General of the Demon Army march over to us, their ebony eyes blazing with rage and worry.

"Uh, we came to visit Uncle Mael," Princess Oriana immediately lies through her teeth as she uses her shadows to get rid of her bottle of ale.

"Your Uncle Mael who would never come to Purgatory?" the General of the Demon Army growls. "Who would never set foot in this awful place?"

"Would you look at that, my Queen?" the Demon King drawls, tilting his head slightly. "Our children have unfortunately learnt how to lie."

Princess Oriana opens her mouth to protest but her mother cuts her off, "Not only are you endangering yourself but you've also put your younger sister and brother in danger. Is this how you'll treat your citizens in the future as the Demon Queen?"

The heir to the Demon throne flinches at this hard blow and quickly looks away, scowling. "No, my Queen." 

"And you." Queen (Y/n) snaps her gaze to Princess Lenora. "You wish to serve Chaos when you're older but if you continue to blindly follow the wrong path, how will the King of Chaos trust you?"

Tears build up in Princess Lenora's eyes but she says steadily, "I understand, my Queen."

"You." Queen (Y/n) slowly looks over to her only son. "You're frustrated with your powers, I understand. But you can't just stay silent and do whatever anyone says; you need to make your own path instead of picking the one everyone says to."

All of her children are about to say something but the wife of the Demon King raises her hand for silence and then frantically waves her hand over her shoulder.

"Head back to the portal," she orders and refuses to look at any of their tiny faces. "You too, Zeldris."

"But—"

"Zeldris."

All of us shiver terribly when we see the warning look Queen (Y/n) shoots her husband, her dark eyes burning into him. Hesitantly, King Zeldris bows his head at me and then starts making his way to the portal with his three children.

Gulping, I start, "(Y/n), I—"

"I'm sorry about my children," she says quietly, staring at the ground. "Please accept my apology on their behalf."

"(Y/n)," I say gently, smiling. "They're only children. Of course, they're going to be curious about the other worlds and their powers will only make them more intrigued. And is it just me or has your English changed? You're not being formal anymore with your 'I am (Y/n)' or 'I will destroy all with—'"

🎉 You've finished reading ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ | ᴢᴇʟᴅʀɪꜱ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ | ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ 🎉