Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Oh?"

"Yeah," I nodded, and heard the door being pushed open again behind us. I turned to see Pietro yawning wide, his arms stretched above his head as he slowly walked into the room.

I smiled faintly, then looked back to Bruce, "and I would like to keep my Hulk. They're too important to me now, I can't remove them - especially as she's pretty much saved my life over and over since this happened."

Bruce's face softened and he nodded, his arms lifting to hold me in a hug as I leaned into him. "Me too," he murmured, "I'm working on something that will hopefully split the balance with my Hulk... making them stronger but keeping my own mind clear and precise when I'm him."

"That sounds like all kinds of smart," I grinned at him.

"Its difficult," he too, began yawning. I stepped back, and into Pietro as he wound his arms over my shoulders, pressing his chest into my back.

"What are your plans this evening?" He asked the room.

I shrugged.

Bruce yawned.

Thor looked around, before smiling at Pietro. "I think I would like to leave this place for a little while tonight. I'm sure you can all join me."

"I can't," I lifted my hands in the air. "Unpredictable, half green, half Hulk girl isn't allowed out."

Thor and Bruce shared a glance, before they leant forward, propping their elbows on the counter. "You used to not be allowed out." He countered.

"What do you mean?" I frowned a little, and glanced back up at Pietro who squeezed my shoulder encouragingly. "Am I allowed back outside again?"

Bruce nodded, and for a moment, I felt nothing.

And then a rush of pure, honest happiness pounded through my body. I smiled, feeling the ache from it across my face as I spun and wrapped my arms around Pietro. He stumbled from the force of my sudden movement, but the tightness of his arms holding me to him told me that he didn't mind.

I could hear mumblings behind me, of Bruce and Thor planning an evening, and Loki interrupting them with speeches of how they would be best to spend their time.

I wobbled back, and Bruce was stood there, arms lifting to embrace me himself. "Thank you," I whispered.

He didn't say anything. He just stood there, carefully holding me as I held him.

"So where shall we go?" Thor aimed his question at me. "There are towns, bars, parks and places to walk. Where would you like to go?"

"I..." I couldn't think, almost overwhelmed by the choice given to me. I hadn't been able to properly leave the facility in so long. I had left, but all against my will, and I hadn't been able to do the things that I had wanted to. "I would like to go to a quiet bar, and just drink with you all. Maybe we could find one of those quiz nights?"

Loki suddenly looked interested, and leant over the counter he was stood behind. "An evening of quizzing? Testing our intellect?"

I nodded, "yeah, they tend to get quite busy but I've not been to one in a while. I think there is usually a prize-"

"A prize?" His hands were clasped under his chin, his mind obviously racing as he paused. "I will come."

"As will I," Thor reached his hand out, his firm hold tight around my fingers. "I would be honoured to attend the quiz night alongside you."

"Shall I check with the others? I can see if there is a local one, and if Wanda and Raven or Bucky and Steve want to come then we can get a big table."