She likes me romantically and I think I like her too. But after everything that happened with Jenna, I am just afraid about history repeating itself. Jenna died because of me. No matter what my family and friends back home say, I will always believe that I am responsible for what happened that night. And I definitely don't want Amarra to end up like Jenna did. I have to ignore all about the magical kiss and end this, on a friendly note obviously.

See ya later bud.

~~JOURNAL ENTRY ENDS~~

Derek closed the diary and pushed it in between the scattered heap of various medical books. He was spiralling and not at all happy with what happened. He was disappointed with his actions and his involvement with the beautiful fresher.

After Jenna's tragic death, Derek vowed to never love anyone. He closed his heart and himself for the world. But this time, he is not able to control. Most of all he is just scared of history repeating itself.

____________________

BACK IN THE GIRLS' HOSTEL

I was lying on my bed in the party dress like a lifeless corpse. I didn't had any courage or energy to change into my night clothes.

Tears were streaming down my big brown eyes and travelling into the gap between the top part of ears and the hairline. Little muffled sobs escaped my mouth every few seconds.

I was not okay, anybody could tell that.

Derek rejected me, directly or indirectly. He should have said something, anything. His silence is the reason I am so upset right now.

I don't know what he wants. If nothing can happen between us like he says all the time, then what the hell was he doing in my room?? Why did he want to see me?? What am I to him???

My head is going to burst. I don't feel like living here anymore. I need to go home ASAP. I need a break from all these half feelings and rejections that Derek has given me. I have never been so confused and hurt before.

Maybe going home is a good idea. I will be with Daniel and my friends. This will be good for me like a detox or a retreat.

With that thought, I picked my phone from the desk and dialed Daniel's number. He picked up on the fourth ring just like always.

"Hey sleepyhead, how come you're awake right now??? Got a bunch of assignment or what??" Daniel said in a cheery tone that made me realise he had a bachelor party shoot tonight. But it's around 2 a.m. maybe he is wrapping up.

"Daniel" I said sobbing. "I want to come home." I said and gave into crying. Daniel knew in that moment that something was definitely wrong and even if he asked now I wouldn't tell anything. So he said exactly what was needed that time.

"Okay, I am booking the first flight that's available in the next 2 hours. Pack your things and come. I am here for you." he said softly to which I sobbed again realising how much I have missed my brother.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said and hung up.

I took a deep breath and wiped my tears. I texted Liam and Vallie about my sudden departure and promised to call soon.

I got up from the bed and folded the covers, booked an Uber, plugged my phone into charging and packed a small duffel bag with some tshirts, shorts, pajamas and other essential items. Then I went to the washroom, took a bath and got ready in a pair jeans and a black boyfriend tshirt. I pulled my hair in a small messy bun and checked my mail for the ticket. There was a mail from Daniel that consisted of my ticket.

It was 3 a.m. now and my flight was scheduled to take off at 6 a.m. I closed the window and tied the laces of the sneakers that I was wearing.

Few minutes later, my phone notified that the cab was right outside the campus gate. I picked my duffel bag and locked the door. My mind was sure that I wasn't coming back anytime soon.

____________________________

Dearest readers,

I am super sorry for updating super late. Actually, my sister had a baby some 20 days back and I got busy in the chores. But better late than never, Here I am posting a new chapter. This chapter is half Derek's journal and half of Amarra's decision.

PLEASE GIVE IT A READ AND TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL.

Please VOTE and COMMENT as well.

Amarra has decided to take a break and visit Daniel and her friends back in NYC. Will this break help her in figuring out things with Derek?? Or it will complicate things more.

STAY TUNED TO KNOW!!!!!

Love you all!! Thankyou so much @navroxx1919 and @ChikuBieber for being so patient with me. XOXO.

~Preeti