CHAPTER 17: Shatter

29th May

29th May

   Aradhana started to run away from Aryan, but Aryan realize he shouldn't made her fear to him.

She make quick run across her house but Aryan chase her from behind.

"Stop Radha"...he grab her waist but Aradhana struggle to get away from him.

As both of them struggling, Aradhana accidentally hit her head on doorknob and faints.

"Shit!"...Aryan sigh.

"Radha,..Radha.."..he calls her name and touched her face but still there's no response from her.

"En mele thaan fault..I should protect you,what i have done.."...he felt regrets and guilt to his act.

She looks so fragile, Aryan carried Aradhana to his house.

He placed her on bed,rushed to took medicine for her wound.

Aryan sat on bed beside her, applied the medicine on her forehead wound.

Unknowingly a lone tear drops from his eyes. He quickly wiped it and doze off beside her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

During midnight, Aradhana woke up to slight pain on her forehead.

"Ah..."...she opens her eyes and shocked to saw Aryan beside her.

Aradhana pushed him away and this makes Aryan woke up.

"Yenna panringe,..en kitte varathinge..."...Aradhana tries to stand up but she nearly fall down due to pricking pain of her wound.

"Paathu ma.."...Aryan catched her, made her sat on bed.

"Enakku ungala paaka bayama iruku"...she tells him out with tears.

"Just hear out my explanation...en mele thaan mistake..I'm sorry ma.."..Aryan grabs her hand, he looked at her with sad eyes, hopes she would listen to him.

"Mm..sollunge.."...Aradhana nods to him.

Aryan starts to explain from beginning till now about his case that involves Aradhana.

She looks at him with weird expression.

"Apo, ivlo naal neenga en kitte...pesanadhu ellam case kage vaa?"...her voice choked on tears but she didn't show it to Aryan.

He just stay silent as he confused with own emotions.

"Someone framed you...but ipo nee inge irukuradhu thaan unakku safe..."...Aryan changed the topic.

"But epdi en ring un kitte.. adhuvum 3 years ku munnadi tholanji ponadhu"...Aryan starts to ask Aradhana.

"Unmai solluva?"...she looks at him.

"3 varushathuku munnadi oru fire accident nadunthuchi...nyabagam iruka?"

"Mm..ille.."...Aryan starts to think.

"Ange pala per neenga safe pannuninga, adhule naanum oru aal...apo thaan unga ring tholanji ponachi...adhu naan safe ah vechirundhe"...Aradhana tells him.

"Andhe time..unge safety kude paakame, oru cop avare avar sacrifice senji mathavangala kapathuninge...ungalode nizhal la eppothum naan irukunum nu mudive senje...adhunale thaan eppothum follow panne ungala.."..

"Apo andhe sketches...unakku avlo pudikuma ennai?"...Aryan ask her.

"Mm...pudikum...aana ipo ille"..she showed her sad eyes.

"Yenn? Radha listen .."...he starts to feel anxious.

"Just leave me alone "Sir"...unga duty innum konja naal le mudichirum..naan yaarukum tholla kuduka matten.."...Aradhana said with tears.

She couldn't believe everything he'd done is because of his work,his case as duty. None is true.

He knew it at this time, he felt lost something. Nothing will back to same. He leaves her alone just as she said. He wouldn't want to be her pain but still he became her hurts.

He realised, Aradhana loved him.
Aryan frustrated with himself.

Meanwhile,Aradhana knew after everything has finished, she will not be here anymore.

So much of memories giving her bitterness. She felt betrayed by the person she believed..Aryan.

Though in pain, she falls asleep with her tears alone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sleepless nights becomes Aryan's routine. He just standing at the balcony with coffee in his hand.

Aradhana's hurt stil echoing on his mind. "I will make it right"..he finished his coffee and went to his work room.

There Aryan took out every victim's detail files.

He look out again the names.

First victim : Agalyah,29 works at exhibition ....

Second victim : Divya, 27 journalist..

Third victim : Swetha, 24 works as host..

Fourth victim: Aradhana,21 college student..

He reads every background of the girls but still there's dead end..

Suddenly he remembered Aradhana told him about the fire accident incident which happenend 3 years back.

His memories starts to flooding back,

May 30th 2019..

there's an exhibition happens on that day, he was on mission to handcuff a person. As he preparing his target,the exhibition centre exploded in front of his eyes. He rushed to safe them.

During that moment, he saw a girl struggling in that fire incident, it was Aradhana. He realize its true,he lost his ring on that incident.

While thinking on it, he remembers something.

Then everything click on his mind.

He swiftly takes the files again, he found it.

Every victim has connections to fire accident that happened at exhibition 3 years back.

Agalyah as exhibition owner, Divya as journalist who interviewed him during the incident, Swetha as exhibition host and Aradhana as guest of the exhibition.

"How?"...Aryan "Shit!"..he smacked his hand on the table. His knew his dark past, his mistakes will haunt him after 3 years.

Rahul mistakenly encounter the man he was supposed to handcuff as he tried to shoot Aryan during the fire incident.

As don't want to lose his job, Rahul asked Aryan to cover it for him.

Just for his friend sake, Aryan turned the case of the man "Swaminathan" died in fire accident.

Someone knew his dark past, taking revenge on him by reminding the exhibition incident.

He promised, he won't let anything happen to Aradhana. He will save her just as the destiny made him save her 3 years back.

To be Continued....