7 | The Romano Family

Start from the beginning

"You probably haven't met them yet." Giovanni spoke up from behind me, snapping me out of my gaze, "This is my wife, Elena." He pointed at the lady who I figured would be Carlos' mother. "Hello, Mrs Del Rosso." I smiled. She chuckled softly then spoke, "Oh dear, call me Elena, please." She smiled, "Mrs Del Rosso makes me sound old." Elena laughed, and the woman beside her laughed as well.

I joined the laughter and then introduced myself. "Well then, hello Elena it's nice meeting you. I'm-"
"Audrey Garcia, I know." She said softly, "My son, Carlos, has told me all about you."

"You're all Carlos talks about." The young man spoke up, and the girl beside her nodded in agreement.

"I'm Nolan, Carlos' best friend." He introduced himself.

"Yes, I was just about to introduce them but I guess Nolan got impatient," Giovanni glared at Nolan, but according to his tone he is probably joking and messing around with Nolan. "Anyway, meet the Romano family." He smiled. The lady beside Elena took a step forward, and spoke.
"Hello," She smiled, "I'm Mrs Romano, but you can call me by my name, Rose."

"Hey, I'm Audrey Garcia, nice to meet you." I returned the smile.

"And I'm Fluerie, Nolan's younger sister." The young girl, Fluerie, spoke up, and I gave her a small smile in return.

"Oh God, where is Carlos! He is late for breakfast, again!" Elena tapped her fingers on the counter, and stared at the clock. It's currently 9:03am. "He'll probably be here in a second, El." Giovanni sighed her, and not a second after that Carlos walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"Carlos, couldn't you have put on a shirt before coming down? It's almost winter and it's starting to get cold, you could get sick." Elena said, worried. "Don't worry about me, mom." He smiled, and walked over to his mother and gave her a kiss on her forehead, "You worry about me too much, I'll be fine, don't worry." He assured her.

"If you say so." She sighed, and turned around to the stove. "So, who wants the first pancake?" She laughed, placed a pancake on the plate, and I helped her give each person at the table a plate.

᯽᯽᯽

Now, it's late in the afternoon, 6:30pm to be exact. Viola and I spent the entire day chatting with Elena and Rosw and getting to know her more after training for a few hours in the morning. Right now, I'm currently in the backyard with Elena, Viola and Rose, watering the flowers Elena planted in her small garden. Fluerie was with us a half hour ago, but had to leave.

She doesn't work for the mafia, instead she chose to live her life normally. Fluerie is a year younger than Viola and I, she is 19, and she goes to college and lives here life normally. Since its Sunday today, Fluerie said she came over for the weekend to visit her family, but now went back to college and back to her dorm before its getting late.

I've learned a lot about her in such little time, though. She is so sweet and has a vibey personality, she's an insanely amazing artist, and she has been learning dance for over 10 years.

I'm currently in the back yard with Elena and the rest of us girls, watering a bunch of tulips, while Rose is telling Viola and I the story of why she, Nolan, and Fluerie moved in with Elena and Giovanni.

". . .His father had a toxic addiction to drugs and alcohol." Rose sighed. "Nolan wasn't safe around his father, he was barely even a toddler during that time. Who knows what Eric—Nolan's father—would have done to him? He abused me for 2 years, I was rushed to the emergency room at least three times. I tried getting a divorce, but it only lead to another visit to the emergency room. 16 years ago, when Nolan was 7, I ran away."

Rose then turned to Elena, "Elena was always my best friend, and she truly saved us. And to this day I still don't know how I'm ever going to repay her for saving both my life, and Nolan's." She smiled to Elena, and Elena pulled her in for a hug. Viola smiled in awe and then turned to give me a hug as well.

"You don't need to ever repay me, I did what had to be done." Elena pulled back, and so did we, and returned the smile to Rose. She took in a deep breath, and then we all went back to watering the plants and taking care of them.

As I was about to get up to go water other flowers, I heard my name get called. "Audrey!" My father called my name from inside, "We got a mission, get your ass over here." I heard him laugh. Chuckling, I dropped my things to the ground, waved goodbye to the girls, and went in.

"I'm here." I walked into the living room, "What's the mission?" I asked.
"We found out one of Victor's men reserved a spot at our VIP section in one of my clubs for tonight." Giovanni spoke up.

"Yes, and we need you to go kill him or bring him back, I don't know and I really don't care, just injur him." My father continued Giovanni's sentence, shrugging. Though my father was slightly joking, I was still gonna injur that man somehow for God knows what reason.

"Gre-"
"And Carlos will be coming along." My father cut me off, and had a cocky smile on his face. "Dad, please no." I begged. "Audrey, please yes." He mocked me sarcastically.
"Sorry Audrey, your gonna have to. Its a done deal." My father then added, and walked away with Giovanni.
"Fine!" I said through gritted teeth, and turned around to go back upstairs and get ready for the mission.