Chapter 38: But the Second Follows Quick

Start from the beginning

Loki only looked at Michael innocently, but Michael didn't buy his act for one second.

"Anyway, I have to return. Harry woke up some time ago and seems to be confused and quite worried. I better go check up on him," Loki said when he suddenly frowned. "That's strange...he's moving...rapidly. Tokyo, Sydney, Malibu...Stockholm?! What?"

Harry was restlessly pacing the hotel room

Harry was restlessly pacing the hotel room. Loki obviously left while he slept to hell knows where and had yet to return. Then there was the feeling that something might have happened to the pagan god. Harry wondered what he would do should that be true. Sure lately, his life took a turn for the better. He even got his parents back, but he knew that nothing of that would have happened had it not been for Loki. For that, he was eternally grateful. So should have anything happened to his first and best friend...well, he would go ballistic on the one who hurt him.

So it was no wonder that Harry was currently working himself up when suddenly a man he didn't know showed up in the room, making him jump slightly. Said man was older with a nearly bald head and only hair at the back of it. He wore a black suit, much like Crowley, though with a white shirt instead of a black one. What instantly worried Harry, though, was the man's aura because it was a blinding white. It was an angel.

"Hello Harry Potter," the angel said in a soft tone and with a warm smile. "I've heard a lot about you, and it's nice to finally meet you in person."

"Who are you, and what do you want?" Harry bluntly asked.

"My name's Zachariah. I'm an angel of the Lord and have a task for you. If you complete it to everyone's satisfaction, you'll be greatly rewarded. I'm here to offer you my help," he answered, even if a bit peeved that he'd been interrupted, however when he saw Harry's blank look, he frowned. "You don't seem to be very impressed that your God has a task for you."

"There is only one god in this universe that I'd gladly follow. Unfortunately, that isn't yours, so no, I'm not impressed at all. But, moreover, if you want Riddle's soul get it yourself," Harry retorted.

"Ah, so you know about it," Zachariah said with a smile that, for some reason, reminded Harry of Dumbledore, the old Dumbledore, and consequently set him on edge.

"It would be hard to fulfil a task without knowing about what you have to do after all," Harry sneered in a way that would have made Severus proud. "However, you're out of luck...because I won't do it, not now, not ever!"

"You should be careful whom you antagonise," Zachariah snapped at the end of his patience. He'd played nice in hopes of convincing the boy to play along. Yet, it seemed that it was a hopeless endeavour. "I have methods to get you to comply, so you better play along."

"You have methods? But for that, you'd have to catch me first," Harry told the angel with a broad smile before vanishing into thin air.

For a moment, Zachariah stared at the spot the boy had been only moments ago before he also vanished following the boy. When he reappeared, he saw that he was on the roof somewhere in a major city. Harry was standing a few feet away from him, grinning like a loon, before vanishing again. Zachariah began to swear quite colourfully while following the boy.