The date?

"I'll pay y/n." David said in a very serious but playful manner.
I put my hands up in defeat putting my wallet back in my bag.

We both thanked the cashier for the food as we walked out the shop. We decided to walk though town and eat our pastries.

David took a bite out of his and stars went in his eyes. "Oh my goodness this good!"

"Really? The f/p is good but I didn't think it was star eyes worthy.

"Y/n try this!" David offered, he tore off a peice and handed it to me, I took it and took a bite.

"Whoa..."

"Right?!" David asked. "They have GOT to give me the recipe so I can make some for the campers!"

We're outside the camp and he's still thoughtful of them.. he so cute.

"Where do ya wanna go next? I picked last time," I asked.

David though for a moment before it's looked like a lightbulb went above his head. "I have an idea!" He grabbed my hand and took me back to his truck.

When we got inside I looked at him with a raised eye brow. "Where are we going?

"You'll see! " he called.

When the car came to a stop it was pretty dark outside. David opened my door and helped me out,
"Close your eyes," he instructed.

"What?"

"It's only fair"

I chuckled remembering muffin top, "fine fine," I said covering my eyes.

I heard David's car turning off and him shutting of the lights. David stood behind me and put his hands on top of mine Wich were covering my eyes. He held onto my hands bringing them down.

I gasped when I saw where we were. We were at the edge of a cliff with the entire sky right in front of us.
"David...this is beautiful..."

"I was showed this place when I was little, I think I've made it a habit to come up here when ever I've had a really good day. It's my own way of telling myself it'll all be okay I guess." David chuckled, "kinda dumb I know."

"What?" I turned my hands while David's were still,on top of mine for I could properly hold them, "davey, it's not stupid at all. This place is amazing and I'm actually really happy you shared it with me. "

"Really?" David smiled, "I thought it would be kinda typical of me to bring you somewhere outdoorsy."
I looked over to him,
"David, trust me you've done some questionable things from the time I've been here I'll admit it but, if somethings important to you,then, well- I don't care what it is, because if it's Important to you gosh darn it I'll support it!"

David laughed and his positive additude came back, "now look who's using wholesome words for an adult," he teased.

"At least I'm not as bad as you." I teased back.

We both laughed for a while before enjoying the view and the comfortable silence with David's hand in mine.

"Hey thanks for inviting me out." He said

I looked at him confused. "What? Your the one who invited me.?"

"What?" He asked just as confused as I was.

I pulled the note out from my pocket and handed it to him. When his expression when to a bit upset.

"Nikki or Neil didn't give this to you did they?" He asked.

"Yea why-" I stopped

"Oh."

"God damnit max." I muttered under my breath,

" and knowing them.." david walked near the back of his truck as I followed.

"Max you've got some!" David was cut of from what he saw when he opened the trunk.

Max, Neil, and Nikki were all huddled together sleeping.
Max quietly sleep talked, "shhhhhhh Nikki... quiet... we're tryna.....set em up.." he sleepy said while lightly hitting her back.

I sighed and picked up max while david held Nikki and neil in his arms. We sat them in the back seat and turned the car on.

"It's about time we go back to camp, I don't want Gwen to worry or get her hopes up." I joked.
David laughed as he put the car into gear.

I looked back to see how peaceful they both looked.

When we got back to camp Gwen was waiting for us, she ran up to us to tease but stopped when she saw the children we were carrying.

"Don't tell me they..."

David softly laughed, "yea they set us up.."

Her mouth dropped, "your kidding."

"Sadly not," I said while picking Max up and carrying him to their tent.

David followed behind me.

David's POV:

I followed behind y/n to get the kids back to their tents. I tucked Neil and Nikki away and made sure they were alright. I patted both their heads before I closed their tent, "goodnight trouble makers."
I walked towards Maxes tent when y/n was.

She was tucking him in with the lantern light shining her silloet. Her h/c hair sparkled. Along with her eyes that glowed a comforting warmth. Even more so than the lantern. And most importantly, she was smiling.
She moved her arms around her. She was looking around for somthing.

"Here," I handed her Mr. honey nuts.

"Thanks," she whispered.
She gave her hand a kiss and placed it on his forehead before walking out and I followed.

"I gotta do somthing before I head in our cabin" she yawned as she begun to walk away.

"Y/n wait!" I called. She turned around.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Just ask her david!

"Um." She still smiled and placed her hands behind her back and my mind drew a blank, "Heh, never mind. I'll see you in the cabin." I said as I started to walk away till I felt a hand pulling me back,

Y/n stoped me and if I didn't know better I could think she was blushing.

"Hey, I had a lot of fun today. Do you wanna Mabye, do it again? Just this time without 10 year olds setting us up.?" She chuckled.

My cheeks flushed, "oh! Yea! That sounds great!"

She smiled, "alright, well goodnight Davey." She casually solutes the camp campbellsoulte before walking off.

"Good night y/n.."