6

Cheryl's POV

I jolted awake, god I'm sweating bullets. I need to calm down, "it was just a nightmare Cheryl, he can't hurt you. You don't live there now. You won't ever see him again" I tell myself over and over again. I need a shower, that will calm me down.

Right as I sit up I realize the beauty of my room. I haven't seen Toni's whole house yet but judging by this room, the house is modern, dark, tones, clean, and minimalistic. I sat on the side of the bed facing the big beautiful window and rub my temples, trying to figure what is real and what is just a nightmare. Then I heard a knock at my door, "Cheryl, it's Toni. Can I come in?" She asked, I could just imagine the kind smile on her face. "Um yeah, the door is unlocked" I answered politely as possible. I heard the door open, her light footsteps rounding the bed close the gap between us, then I felt her sit on the bed.

I still couldn't look at her, I was still rattled from my nightmare. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, normally I hated silence. It always felt awkward and uncomfortable, but with Toni it didn't. "How did you sleep" she finally asked "Uh ok I guess, last night was just strange" "Please don't lie to me" she said "You were screaming half the night, you scared my guards half to death from how loud it was" she let out a small laugh trying to lighten the mood "Oh sorry, you should have woken me up, sometimes I get bad nightmares" I said shyly. I was embarrassed she heard me. Whenever my cousin heard me scream, my eldest cousin would come in to 'shut me up' I shuttered thinking about it. "What happen to you Cheryl? Who hurt you bad enough to give you such bad terrors" she looked concerned, like she actually cares. "It was a mixture of people, mainly my oldest cousin Martin, Brian, and my step aunt." I couldn't look at Toni, I'm embarrassed her having to deal with my nightmares.

Once again I felt a hand resting on my thigh, "You don't have to tell me everything now, but next time you have one, please come to me. Even If this is just a business deal, I still plan to protect you." I finally found her eyes. And without thinking I jumped into her arms and hugged her. She jolted back at first, confused at what I was doing but eventually she hugged me back.

I had my face buried in her neck, she smells good. She was gripping my waist not letting me fall. Then I realized I was straddling her lap and all of sudden I felt something hard under me then I look up at her and saw her turning red then I realized "you have a dick?" I asked then she nodded "don't be embarrassed I don't mind, I actually think it's kinda hot" I said then she smiled "oh I'm sorry I should probably get off of you lap now" I say awkwardly starting to get off of her. "No wait, I wasn't ready to let go yet" her hand once again finding my thigh to pull me back on her lap.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours, Toni made me feel so safe and protected. I guess this was the universe repaying me for all the shit its put me through.

She breathed out onto my neck sending chills down my spine, "I have to get to work Love, you are welcome to explore the house" she said quietly, sill holding me close to her body. "Please don't let go" I whispered pleadingly. "I have to, I'll be back as soon as I can. Ok?" She said while starting to get up, yet she was still holding me. She was fully standing now and still was holding me tightly, my legs had found their way around her waist to help hold me in position. "Ok, but 1 more minute of this please" "Ok, Love but then I really have to go" Toni said while letting out a small chuckle.

I ended up getting Toni to hold me for another 10 minutes, "Ok Cheryl, seriously I am going to be late for my meeting" she started to tug at my waist to get me off. After about 5 minutes of that she fell on the bed, better yet she was on top of me. "Oops" I said with a big grin across my face. "You're gonna regret that later Love" she winked. Toni propped herself up on her forearms, she looked me up and down like I was her next meal. My legs were still locked around her waist, keeping her pressed against me.