Prologue

P R O L O G U E

Every girl has a problem. For some it might be math, for some it might be there taste in fashion. For some it could be something completely irrational, like an inability to tie their shoes or something.

For me, it was simple. I couldn't talk to boys. Not literally, of course. My mouth could open and words could be spoken to a boy, yes. But talking naturally to a boy? It was almost as if I was under a spell when I came close to a male. My brain would shut down. I would open my mouth and nothing would come out.

Some of you must be thinking, who cares? Just became a lesbain. Problem solved.

Except that wasn't the problem. It was the cause of my horribly, unfair, problem. The problem that made me conscious about my body, my self esteem, my attitude.

Jackson Miller.

Jackson Miller was my crush. He was my crush since I was born in this world (if that's even possible), and he captured my heart like cameras capture beautiful moments.

I thought we were meant to be.

Expect for the fact that I couldn't speak a straight sentence when I got into a ten feet radius of him. I would try, but nothing worked. Nothing worked! So screw my chances, nothing was ever going to happen if I couldn't say a word to him, now can it?

That's what I thought, until he came into the picture.

Chase Hadley was a bad boy. And I know, before you go all ninja on me and lecture me on how bad boys are cliche yada yada let me tell you this: if you walk up to a bad boy's front door and make a complete fool of yourself, but the bad boy doesn't hate you, is he a bad boy after all?

And unlike most of boys that I tried, and utterly failed, to talk to, he was different. He helped me, and now things are changing. My tongue is starting to move when I move close to a man. I can make coherent sentences. My curse seems to be... uplifting.

All because of him.

Chase was a photobomber. A born photobomber. He crashed into the picture of my life and ruined the final shot. But sometimes, you need a photobomber to finally realize just how screwed up you really are.

•■•

I accidentally wrote chase crawford instead of hadley. i'm hilarious.

C O P Y R I G H T N O T I C E

Copyright © 2015 by citywalkers

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.