"Do you want to drive home?" he threatens

"No"

"Exactly so we're getting my cinnabon first" he states grabbing a hold of your hand and pulling you towards the store. The line isn't too long and soon enough you're in the front and Jean begins ordering "you want anything?" he asks reaching for his wallet. Your eyebrow quirks up "No, but i told you i was paying so put your wallet back".

Jean shakes his head "Nah I got it"

"No you don't" you argued back reaching for your money and handing it to the worker before Jean could give his credit card. The worker quickly exchanged it and handed you the receipt and cash back. "Trouble in paradise?" she questions happily.

You laugh shaking your head "Nah this my bro" you say before playfully punching his arm. Jean nods in agreement as he grabs his food "Yup, thanks for the food.........bro". His tone  changed as he said it, but you ignored it as you told the worker goodbye and started walking towards (favorite clothing store).

The first thing you looked at were bodycon dresses, "Jean Jean how we feeling about this dress?" You asked holding it up for him to see. "It's nice" He says as his eyes jump back and forth between you and the dress.

"Bet, hold it for me" you instruct dropping the dress into his hands and continuing to look through the racks. You continue to pick up clothes and ask for his opinion on them, but he doesn't say much and the whole time he just follows you around with a stressed out look on his face.

After paying for the clothes you guys begin walking towards the exit of the mall. "Ah shit it's raining" You complain looking out the large windows as huge drops of rain hit the glass and the streets outside. "Want me to get the car?" He asks reaching for his phone. "Yeah I'll hold your stuff" you say as you stop at the exit.

He hands over his phone and wallet before running outside to get the car. Within a minute his black Audi was pulling up next to the sidewalk. You quickly ran to the car and got in before you could get too wet. "Thanks" you huff getting your things settled before putting on your seatbelt.

"Mhm" Jean acknowledges as he begins to drive. There ends up being a shit ton of traffic because, the whole world seems to forget how to drive when it rains, so now you both were sitting in the middle of the expresseway listening to the rap and r n b radio.

You turned to Jean who was swiping through his phone aimlessly.

"Are we okay?" you ask suddenly.

He looks up from his phone and at the traffic "Yeah it should free up in a bit there's probably an accident".

You shake your head "No are we okay?" you ask again motioning between the two of you.

He nods slowly "why wouldn't we be?"

"I don't know you just seemed stand off-ish after we got to the mall, so I assumed I did something"

"Nah I've just had a lot on my mind recently, we're okay" he promises

"Do you want to tell me about it or...?"

"It's fine i'm over it now" Jean says trying to escape the topic.

"If you say so"  you shrug deciding to leave it alone.

The car is quiet for a few minutes until Jean reaches over to the central console and turns up the volume.

"Sometimes we laugh and sometimes we cry, but I guess you know now," Jean says along to the song blasting through the car.

He puts his phone in front of your face like it's a microphone and looks at you expectantly
"I took a half and she took the whole thing, slow down,"  you sing along. 

"We took a trip, now we on your block and it's like a ghost town"

You didn't know why, but this specific song by drake always got you hyped.

The two of you go back and forth singing the lyrics and by the end you've totally forgotten  your little scuffle. You laugh as another song starts up, preparing to sing again.

The fun doesn't last long, as an older woman comes up to the car and knocks your window.

You look at Jean not knowing what to do. "Ignore her" he shakes his head wondering what she she could want. She knocks a few more times but after realizing you weren't going to open the window she leaves and goes to the other side.

Then Jean lowers his window a little bit, "Can I help you?" he questions.  "I was just wondering if you could turn down your music and keep it down, it's disturbing my peace" she says causing you and Jean to look at her like she's dumb.

"My car is nearly soundproof so.... you weren't hearing us" He trails off already calling her out on her bullshit. "I know it was you, everybody else on this highway are good people!" She rants causing you and Jean to look at each other knowing where this was going.

"Have a nice day" Jean cuts off as he closes the window on her and turns up the volume again.

"Good people" you mimic trying not to laugh.

"These old people are weird as fuck" he adds shaking his head.

————-
Initially I was going to make them fight but I decided it was too soon, 😕 the fight is coming soon though mark my words !!