lucas

"I-I don't know what I did!" I shout at Calum. I've been on the brink of tears all day.

I love her.

I repeat that over and over in my head. I know I do. Even though I've never met her, I'm in love with her. 

I can't, for the life of me, understand what I really did to make her mad at me and want to not do this. I keep going through the messages and I can't figure out what I did. 

Calum's hand pats my shoulder. He's sitting next to me awkwardly trying to comfort me.

"I'm sure she's just grumpy, mate-"

"She doesn't want to do it anymore, Calum!" I  shout. I don't usually get emotional like this over a girl, but Katie is different. I love her.

"Luke, I know she wouldn't do this out of the blue. She had to have had a good reason to-"

"Have you been talking to her?" I ask, looking at him.

"Luke-"

"Have you been talking to her?" I demand again, more forcefully.

"Yes, Luke. I have. And maybe she's going through something. Maybe she needs a little space, Luke. I'm trying to help you, but you keep getting mad. Luke she knows how you feel and I bet she feels the same way-"

"Calum-"

"Luke, if you cut me off one more time, I will cut you." Calum gives me a stern look. I keep my mouth shut. He sighs and pulls his phone out, running a hand through his hair.

"Luke, her dad is very sick right now. He's old and so she isn't sure if he'll make it."

I felt my breath push through my lips. God I'm so selfish! Her dad could be dying but I'm worried about her not liking me. She has better things to worry about than just me.

God, I'm so stupid.

-

no worries, I got this.

btw. wrote while I'm supposed to be testing. oops.

btw again, ik its short. but I always update within a few hours so.

bye