Chapter 11

Alois POV

As if upon instinct, I rushed towards (Y/N) once I saw the boys destroy her sandcastle. I immediately sensed trouble. Something was not right.

Luka quickly comprehended the situation and understood. He trailed behind me and said, "Hurry, Alois! We must get there before (Y/N) gets hurt."
I simply nodded in agreement.

'Curse this beach! All this sand is making it harder to run. Not to mention that it's hot! The sand is burning my feet! Ugh, never mind that. We have to help (Y/N) first. Hold on, (Y/N). We're coming.'

Soon, we arrived at the scene, but it appeared to me that we arrived a minute late. The boys had already left some bruises and cuts on her body in a short amount of time.

Seeing (Y/N) being treated this was made my anger boil and rage fill my entire body. How could it not when someone was treating (Y/N) badly?

She is sweet, kind, and caring. She's a bright, intelligent girl who excels in almost every subject (reader can decide which ones 😉). She may have the body of a fragile girl, but she has the heart of a lion — brave and courageous.

'She does't deserve this. She deserves to be treated like a queen, my queen.'

One of the boys pushed her, causing her to lose balance and fall backwards. Fortunately, I caught her right before she ended up landing on her rear.

My blue eyes met her (E/C) orbs. I was sad and worried at the same time. Sad because she ended up being beaten, and worried because she had some cuts and a few bruises. I was disappointed at myself for letting this happen to her.

'If only I ran fast enough. If only I arrived a second earlier.'

"Alois! Luka! You came," she happily said.

"Of course we did. Best friends do not let each other get hurt," Luka said.

"Exactly! They do not let each other be beaten by *_____* (I'll leave this up to your imagination).

"What did you say, booty shorts?" The taller boy asked.

"Hold on for a bit, (Y/N). Please stay here for a while. Luka and I will take care of these *_____*," I said. (Y/N) got behind us and watched from a safe distance.

"Oi, are you ignoring us, booty shorts and short-stack?" The shorter boy asked.

These boys really hit a nerve by what they did, and the insults were not really helping me keep my cool.

"Hey you spoiled brats! Listen to us and pay attention!" The taller boy demanded.

"Why? Are you nobles too great and noble that commoners like us don't not deserve your time nor attention? Are you just going to ignore us like garbage like you always do?" The shorter one asked.

'Enough is enough' I could not take it anymore. I approached the two boys and grabbed them by their collars.

"Now listen to me you *_____* I was trying to handle this situation in a calm, collected manner like a real gentleman would, especially when a lady is watching. I really, really, did not want to resort to violence or anything as such. However, you two just had to cross the line," I said. My voice, once sweet as honey was now dripping with nothing other than toxic venom.

'You woke up the beast. Now suffer and pay the consequences.'

"You know, touching my angel was already one thing. I was just about to let it slip because I would not like her to see this 'ugly' side of me," I whispered quietly into their ears, making sure that only the two of them heard what I said. "But no. You just had to insult me and my little brother too. Now suffer and pay the consequences."

"Luka," I called out. "Come here. Let us teach these boys a lesson."

~•~

We were met with worried faces and a scolding from our parents when we returned for lunch. Not only were we ten minutes late, but we also arrived with some cuts and bruises on our bodies. I mean, what parent would not be worried if they see their child looking like this?

The servants quickly tended to our injuries, and I was really thankful for that. They gave us three bags of ice, one for each of us, to treat the bruises. They also put some cream and bandages on the cuts.

Then, we all happily ate lunch as we munched on the delicious food. 'Having a picnic under the shade on a sunny day really is the best especially with the ones you love.'

~•~
Hi my lovely readers! I would like to ask for you honest feedback on this fic.

What do you think of it? Are you enjoying it so far? Care to point out any grammatical errors or typos? How can I further improve this fic?

Thank you so much! Please don't be shy to leave your thoughts in the comments. Have a good one! 💜