"So Roan is too embarrassed to stop her. What about the rest of you?" Lexa asks, grinding her jaw together in frustration. She swore these generals were not nearly as useless when she recruited them.

"Well.. she beat me", Illian, the youngest, lowest ranked, and least experienced of her generals supplied with a shrug. Indra quickly nods her head in agreement, murmuring something about being beaten too.

Lexa raises a brow and turns to the left side of the table, with the two remaining generals. The frustration was mounting. Despite being the giant, burly man that he is, Gustus for once seems to be trying to sink under the table, or at least curl up into his seat until he is not noticeable. One could probably see beads of sweat on his forehead as Lexa stares him down. "What about you, even you, Gustus? You, who is always going on about my security and safety? That's suspicious. It's not likely for you to be outwitted, unlike Roan."

"That's... Uh..." the said man clears his throat, fumbling for a reason. Lexa smirks, knowing that Gustus (being the most loyal of her generals) would crack and tell her what was going on that nobody else would admit.

Suddenly a hand claps down on Gustus's meaty shoulder with an audible smack. "Now now, Heda Lexa. Don't pick on him. If there's anyone to blame here, it's me."

"ANYA?!"A way too cheerful Anya has risen up to his defense. Except she might as well have charged into battle waving just a rainbow flag, the way she was smiling. It was never good news when Anya looked so happy. She was always up to something that would cause Lexa a headache.

"I told them to let Clarke pass. She means no harm, after all", Anya says as leans against the arm of Gustus's chair with class.

"And why would you do that?" Lexa questions. You could practically see blood vessels popping out from the unholy amount of rage that was brewing within her.

"It's good for you! You always complained about being bored, so why not give you a cute girl to have fun with?" Anya insists. Her implications are not lost over the head of Lexa. Lexa is very certain that she has no problem finding a romantic partner for the night if she wished. Anya was the most annoying in the way that she always did what she thought was best for Lexa. She was the wild card in Uno. Lexa was more like... the draw two card that nobody wants to deal with. Example? Currently, Lexa gets scarily quiet, and her face turns dark and calm in the most unnerving manner.

Then she explodes. One could almost see the steam shooting out of her ears. "THERE'S NO WAY I'D BE HAPPY WITH SOMEBODY CONSTANTLY HARASSING ME!"

In a huff, she spins around and storms off, brilliant red sash billowing behind her.

Roan starts snickering like he's won a bet (and he probably has), Indra looks proud of Lexa, and Illian not-so-discreetly pumps his fist. Why? Lexa didn't deny the part where Anya called Clarke cute. Their leader was most definitely attracted to the cute new blonde girl.

Anya falls back into her normal smirk and arches a brow at a frowning Gustus. "See? I told you she had a thing for blondes. Don't be so uptight, Gus gus."

The bearded man picks her hand off his shoulder as if it is an absolutely disgusting rag. He pushes his chair away from the table and stands up, towering over Anya. She still has the audacity to look triumphant as she tilts her head upward to look at him. "I don't like this plan",he says in a simple manner before lumbering off.

-0-

There are a lot of weird things about the castle that Clarke now resides in, and it does not end with the sorceress Queen. One of them were the challengers that were allowed into the throne room to challenge Lexa for power.

The first challenger that Clarke ever encounters is on the third day. She boldly declares, "I AM ONTARI KOM AZGEDA, AND I AM HERE TO CHALLENGE YOU, HEDA LEXA!"

Clarke peeks her head around the doorway to see a bored Lexa facing off a girl clad in full black armor with wiry hair and scars on her face. She looks scary, like a cunning person that would cut of the heads of all the heirs to a throne just to gain power.

Calling it "facing off" might be a bit of a stretch though.

...Okay fine, it's a complete exaggeration. Lexa doesn't even grace Ontari with her full attention.

Lexa hums in acknowledgement, nodding absentmindedly as she continues to read a leatherbound book and just flicks her empty hand. Ontari goes flying as if she was whacked in the midsection. The poor warrior doesn't even have a chance to pull out her sword. She goes crashing through the wall and grey stones go flying in a thousand directions. A furious scream is heard as she falls out of the tower that the throne room resides in. After a few seconds, there is rustling as the body lands in a thorny rosebush out in the courtyard.

Now those thorns would be a pain in the butt to dislodge.

Servants scurry forward, already hectically attempting to patch the wall. They have identical bricks handy, already pasting the mortar on and patching up the cracked and broken bits. It seemed like Lexa had an entire crew on call just for fixing all the damage that she and her not so friendly generals did on a daily basis.

Clarke's eyes go wide at the show of power. She slowly backs away from the doorway. By now, she is reaching the conclusion that perhaps she shouldn't go bug the queen today about her predicament of being stuck in this world. With that she turns around and practically sprints back down the hall, trying to get away from the throne room as quickly as possible.

-0-

Agitation oozes from Lexa as she paces in front of her throne. "Where is she?"she grumbles as she spins on her heel again. She can't imagine why the girl who was so persistent has suddenly disappeared into thin air, about as mysteriously as she appeared. There's no way Lexa actually scared Clarke off with her hostility right?

"Stop pacing a hole through the floor and go find her, or even send somebody to find her",Anya answers with a roll of her eyes, continuing to sharpen her sword. It was a menacing sight, with her sharp cheekboned face tilted downward to examine the sword. The sword itself did not look cute by any means. It glinted in the candle light (Lexa insisted on her castle being lit by candles instead of torches, to the dismay of the servants) as if just waiting for its next bite into flesh.

Lexa forces a scowl. There's no way she's admitting that she misses anyone, especially the blond girl who humiliated her in front of her subjects. "It's not like I want her around. I just don't want her running around causing trouble", she reasons, as if anybody could possibly do any sort of troublemaking when the castle was under the watch of six generals and the most powerful sorceress to ever exist.

Her words certainly come out threateningly, but Anya just sighs as she looks up from her sword. "Oh yeah? Then you will be okay with me using her as a practice dummy to make sure this sword is sharp enough, right?" She lifts her newly sharpened sword and starts to walk towards the door as if to leave.

"No! That'll intimidate her!"Lexa snaps, all but diving in front of Anya, putting herself between the general and the door.

Anya crosses her arms, tapping her foot lightly on the floor. There were many wonderful qualities to the general, but one that she lacked was patience. "You say that as if you haven't done plenty that would scare her already." She knows Lexa is really panicking by now on the inside if she even slips up and starts to admit that she does not want harm to come to the girl who fell out of thin air.

The green eyed sorceress answers, "Exactly. Don't insult my prowess. I don't need you to intimidate her for me." She exudes cockiness, and to anyone else, they would truly think that Lexa was cunning enough to use intimidation as a manipulative strategy.

Anya doesn't buy it one bit, but she shrugs and exits the throne room. She just stops right outside of the exit to listen. She hears Lexa cast a spell to summon one of their friendliest guards, Lincoln. A grin spreads on her face. Her plan is right on track.