Dig Dug (Part 1)

"That's enough, Erica." Mrs. Sinclair said to her daughter, who was drowning her french toast in syrup.

Erica shook her head before continuing to add more to her breakfast.

"Dad?" Lucas called, needing help to try to figure out one of his problems.

His father hummed in response.

"When mom's mad at you, how do you make her not mad?"

"That's a great question," Mrs. Sinclair said sitting down at the table her family was all seated around. "How do you, hon?"

"First, I apologize," Mr. Sinclair said without looking over the newspaper he was reading. "Then, I get your mother whatever she wants."

"Even when she's wrong?" Lucas asked.

His father put down his newspaper to look at his son. "She's never wrong, son."

"That's right," his mom chuckled.

Lucas got up from the table as an idea came up in his mind with how to help get Max back on the team.

"Not hungry?" His mom called to him.

"Not really," he replied as he put his dishes in the sink.

"Where you goin'?"

"To hang out with Dustin," he lied.

He ran back to his room to get ready to start his plan.

The party will be mad, but we need every person possible to help.

***

"Get up!" Gwen's voice woke Nikki up as she shook her gently. "We're here."

Nikki stretched as she looked out the car window to see a small house that had a little flower bed outside the window.

"Ready?" Gwen asked as she turned off the car.

I need to help my friends.

"Yeah."

***

"Gwen?" A girl in about her late teens, early twenties opened the door to the house. She was about the height of Gwen but a little bit more lanky. She had sea green eyes and almost black hair. She wore black jeans and a red shirt that showed off the tan in her skin.

"Ivory," Gwen smiled sweetly as Ivory looked down at Nikki. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine," Ivory replied not taking her eyes off of Nikki, making her feeling uncomfortable. "Who's this?"

"This is Nikki," Gwen said wrapping her arm around Nikki. "Also known as Nine, and we need some help."

***

Lucas waited for Max to show up for about a half an hour. He sat in the back of the arcade waiting for Keith to get Max so he could explain everything.

He felt nervous about telling her this. No one really talked about what happened last year anymore. Which was upsetting for him since last year were the only memories he had of Nikki.

The door of the back room knocked Lucas out of his mind as Max walked in looking angry. He tried to smile to make it better but it didn't really work in the slightest.

"You better get me that date now, Sinclair," Keith said staring at Lucas.

"I told you I would," Lucas sighed.

"And keep things PG in here, all right?" He said looking between the two kids. Finally, he closed the door behind him leaving the two alone.

"What is this shit, stalker?" Max turned to him angrily.

"Sorry," Lucas shrugged. "I just needed a safe place."

"A safe place to what? Be creepy?"

"Listen," Lucas said, trying to keep his voice down. "I'm gonna tell you the truth about everything that happened last year. But if anyone finds out, you could be arrested. Possibly killed."

Max rolled her eyes. "Killed?"

"I need to know. Do you accept the risk?"

"Oh, my god!" She groaned. "This...this is so stupid."

"Do you accept the risk?"

"Yeah," Max shrugged. "Sure. Fine. I accept the risk."

She sat down and crossed her arms ready to hear the truth. "Let's hear it."

Lucas took a deep breath before starting the story. "Last year...Will didn't get lost in the woods. He got lost somewhere else."

***

"So we were hoping you would be able to help us out, you know, getting her powers under control." Gwen concluded the story of why they were here.

"So what can you do?" Ivory asked leaning forward in her chair. They had moved to the living room for story time and Ivory sat across from Gwen and Nikki.

Nikki tried to answer but for her it was hard to explain, so she turned to Gwen.

"She can tell when something bad is happening or going to happen," Gwen explained. "She can also destroy a lot of things at one time, which is the power that's getting out of control. Lastly, and the god we haven't had a problem with it, she can kill people by ripping their life away."

"That's a lot of power for a young girl," Ivory nodded.

"And it's becoming too much. Which is why we need your help."

Ivory thought about it for a minute. "Okay, I'll help. Let's see what you can do. Follow me."

Authors note
I know the chapter it a little bit shorter than usual but the next part is really long so it's going to start the next chapter.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️