More than Friends? - Cole Mackenzie ❤️

Author- This is Cole x female imagine that was requested. I wasn't going to make it romantic but I really wanted to try something different. Side note, I adore Cole for who he is in the show, this is Purely for the imagine.

      It was a bright and sunny day in Avonlea, PEI and Y/N L/N was eating lunch with her three best friends Ruby Gillis, Diana Berry, and Anne Shirley-Cuthbert.

They all sat with the girls in a circle and Y/N listened as Josie Pye the meanest girl in town gossiped about Mr. Phillips and Prissy Andrews, whom were deemed to be in romantic relations.

Y/n just rolled her eyes and silently ate her sandwich. See the beautiful H/c haired girl is very quiet but very intelligent and imaginative. She only really speaks to her three closest friends, and her best guy friend Gilbert Blythe, who was currently away for travelling.

She was brought back to reality when she heard Anne mention the new kid in school. She looked over in the direction Anne was looking at and saw a handsome, and tall blonde haired boy with a defined jawline and bangs that covered a bit of his forehead. He was holding a pencil and a sketch pad. He must be an artist. L/n thought.

"Whose that?" The bright red haired girl asked, Josie Pye answered "That's Cole Mackenzie. He just moved in from Nova Scotia."

Cole looked over at the group of girls when he heard his name and saw the stunning E/c colored girl looking straight at him with a small smile. He felt immediate butterflies swarm in his stomach when he saw her.

I dont know why I'm feeling like this I thought I didn't like girls. He thought, feeling conflicted. He looked back down with a blush and a soft smile. He all of a sudden felt the urge to capture her beauty and draw her as a portrait. He shook his thoughts away and continued drawing.

"He looks lonely." Anne commented, looking sadly over at the boy. "He looks sad and handsome." Josie stated with a smirk. "Nobody looks more sad and handsome than Gilbert Blythe." Ruby said dreamily. Fawning over her 3 year crush on Gilbert Blythe.

Y/n looked away from the boy and over at Ruby, and gave her a look "Really Ruby?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. Ruby shrugged and said "What?" Innocently. Y/n just shook her head in response.

"Well I'm going to go talk to him." Josie said confidently. Y/n L/n rolled her eyes and watched as the girl went up and attempted to converse with the shy boy.

a few minutes later she came back with an annoyed look on her face as she sat back down. "That boy is a freak." Anne and Y/n looked back at him and looked at each other.

"We are going to join him." Anne stated with a smile, as they both stood up and grabbed their lunch with them. "Matches made in heaven, the three freaks together." Josie retorted.

"If you guys want to come Anne and I have some strawberry tarts, enough to share." Y/n stated nudging Anne and winking at the group of girls.

Diana stood up and joined them and the three girls walked over to Cole, He looked up and saw the beautiful E/c colored girl in front of him with a shy smile. "Y-you mind if we join you?" She asked a bit nervously, feeling butterflies.

He smiled gratefully and nodded at the girls. Soon enough The other girls besides the ever so stubborn Josie Pye joined them and had a blast getting to know Cole.

~~~~

A week and a half after Cole arrived, Y/n and him became the closest of friends but both of them always felt like they wanted to be more than just friends.

One day the two were spending time in the secret clubhouse that Anne and found for her and all her friends, Y/n was writing and Cole was drawing.  He was actually completing a portrait of the beautiful H/c colored girl he'd learn to like a lot.

No one else was with them because Anne had chores, Ruby was helping her mother bake and Diana was doing ladylike lessons with her mother. It was rare when they could find time for just the two of them without the others following along, so they caught up on everything in life as they did their creative works.

"Is Billy still giving you trouble Cole?" Y/n asked suddenly, knowing the schools bully gave him a harder time than anyone else.

Cole sighed and out his work down looking at his crush. "Yeah, it's getting to the point where I don't want to show up to school knowing he will be there. Especially with Mr. Phillips giving me the same treatment, it's hard." He admitted sadly.

Y/n's heart broke hearing the sadness and brokenness in his voice "Do you know why they give you such a hard time?" She asked

The tall boy shook his head "No I don't." Y/n gave a small smile and simply said "Because you aren't afraid to be yourself. Billy is so set on being a certain way to keep his 'reputation' up and Mr. Phillips isn't just mean to you. He is mean to everyone, but I think he also has personal issues of his own and he just takes it out on you." Y/n L/n theorized looking at Cole softly in the eyes.

Cole smiled slightly and blushed "You think so?" He asked hopefully "I know so Cole. I've known Billy for a long time and I know that's what both him and his father are like. It's sad but it's true, but I think things will get better for you."

He reached over from his spot next to her and gave her a warm hug. Wrapping his arms around her slim waist, "Thank you for giving me hope that things will get better." He mumbled into her neck that he leaned his head on.

Y/n blushed and hugged him back "It's my pleasure Cole." She whispered gently. Cole moved back, his arms still around her waist, "You know.. I always thought I was different because I never really liked girls. But ever since I met you, I knew that wasn't the case." He truthfully stated with a shy smile.

"W-what do you mean?" Y/n asked nervously feeling the butterflies fill her stomach once more. He smiled and looked into her sparkling eyes. He suddenly leaned in and gave her a gentle-soft kiss on her full pink lips. She closed her eyes and sighed happily. Before she knew it the kiss was over before it started.

She opened her eyes slowly and saw him staring at her with admiration, love and flushed cheeks. "I think that explains what I mean." He stated softly.

She smiled and nodded now asking "Does this mean we're more than just friends?" Cole just smiled and said "If you want to be."

The two spent the rest of the day cuddling in the clubhouse, and Cole finally finished the portrait and gave it too her as a gift. Y/n also exchanged her writing so he could read it. They got to know so much more about each other, and since then, they we're two lost souls that connected in one.

~~~~

Hey my lovelies! This imagine was requested by the lovely _natali3 thanks for the request Hon! I hope you like it! I'm sorry it took a bit longer to finish it, I was working on a couple other stories that was overdue for an update. Again hope you enjoy it, thanks for giving me the freedom to write what I wanted!

I will be slowly but surely finishing all the other requested imagines! It will take time cause I'm going to be busy soon but it will get there!

As always please read, vote, comment, and favorite this book!

I love you my Darlings!
❤️❤️❤️